Author Topic: Burgerbag Rally  (Read 1600 times)

Offline dm-horus

• Banned
Burgerbag Rally
« on: January 02, 2007, 04:55:45 AM »
My Concept:

Starting a motor rally designed for students. I watched a video about the Gumball 3000 and then found the Teabag Student Rally, both of which take place in Europe. I was also looking back on a road trip I took with my ex and how fun it was. If I could create something that people can have fun with and help a charity, Im totally for it.

Therefore I am going to start my own rally called The Burgerbag Rally '07. It is for students and anyone aged 18 to 25. You cant enter unless your car is a piece of s***. No rice rockets. I plan on buying a 1979 Ford woodpanel station wagon for the rally, myself. Generally only beaters and junkers are allowed. You have to pay to enter. The money collected will go toward running the rally and a charity I have not chosen yet. There will be prizes, cool ones. Concert tickets, cash prizes and nifty trinkets you will collect on missions along the route. The rally will not be a race. All that matters is that you have fun and make it to the end.

There will be contests like who can dress up their car the coolest, who can put on a costume the fastest inside their car, as well as many scavenger hunts that happen during the rally. There will also be parties. One before start, one at halfway and a huge one at the end.

Once the site is built Im going to start looking for sponsors. Im pretty sure I can get some skate/surf companies to donate a little something and probably some radio stations or university clubs maybe. Once things get going, Im gonna start contacting support companies along the way. Getting ahold of AAA and state taxi services to make a "survival kit" for all entrants so that if their car breaks down they can at least make it to civilization. I am thinking about making a requirement that states that you cannot enter unless you set aside money to pay for bus fare home (really cheap, moreso than flying).

The rules will be alot like the other rallies: You cannot enter unless there are at least 2 people on your team, both of which are drivers. No more than 6 people can be in your car or on your team. You must be over 18 and have a valid drivers license and insurance. Vehicles must be in working condition but cannot be performance grade or be heavily modified. Cars must be at least 8 years old. All rules are subject to judgement by the organizers, these are mostly just guidelines. We dont want a pack of CRX's to take over the rally or turn it into a Fast and the Furious race. Its about having fun and getting to enter a Rally with a car that otherwise wouldnt be in one.

The route is not yet defined. It will be starting in either California or Washington State. Since the rally must end where it began, I am unsure as to how long the route should be. I have a few thoughts:

- It begins in Seattle and goes to somewhere in California and then must come back.

- It begins in California and ends on the east coast, either New York or Florida. This would make the entire trip huge as drivers would have to drive all the way back to Cali.

- It begins in California or Washington State and ends in a midwest city like Chicago or St. Louis and then must come back.

Either way, I envision a huge party at the destination (which is really the halfway point) that lasts enough days so that most racers get to party no matter how easy they take it. Remember, I dont want this to be a race. Its just about fun and making it to the end and enjoying the parties along the way.

It is planned for summer break since it is intended for students.

So guys, tell me what you think.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2007, 09:15:42 AM by dm-horus »