Author Topic: Present To Outpost Community  (Read 1627 times)

Offline Sonic

Present To Outpost Community
« on: November 26, 2006, 09:54:59 PM »
Hi again,

David in Seattle.  As I'm new, I do not know if this "gift" is posted elsewhere in the forums.  Nevertheless, the gift is a method to play Outpost 1.5 without using the CD-ROM.

1.  Open directory:

My Computer > Local Disk (C:) > Program Files.

2.  From here go to the Sierra directory.

C:\Program Files\Sierra\Outpost. Minimize this window, we'll come back to it shortly.

3.  Put your disk in your CD rom- you'll be asked "Play Outpost 1.5?".
   Do not play the game, answer "no".
   Return to "My Computer", left-click on CD-ROM drive which Outpost CD is in and choose "open".  Minimize
   this screen, we'll come back to it later.

4.  Maximize the "C:\Program Files\Sierra\Outpost" window, and open the folder labeled "Outpost"
   Inside you will find the file labeled, "Outpost - Configuration Settings" - Copy this file and save it somewhere else, like in My Documents.  Open the original file in Wordpad or a text Editor of your choice., where you'll see in the second line of the file the following:

"opimage=E:\bitmaps;E:\videos;E:\music"  the "E:\" may be a "D:\"- it depends  on the name of the CD drive you run the game from.

Change this line to the following:

"opimage=C:\PROGRA~1\SIERRA\OUTPOST\bitmaps;C:\PROGRA~1\SIERRA\OUTPOST\videos;C:\PROGRA~1\SIERRA\OUTPOST\music"

exactly as it is typed here.  Close the file, you'll be asked, "do you want to save the changes?"  Type "yes"

5.  Maximize the the window from step "3." that shows you the contents of your Outpost CD-ROM.  Copy the following 3 files, "BITMAPS", "MUSIC", and "VIDEOS".  Place them in the Outpost file ( C:\Program Files\Sierra\Outpost) and you are all done.

6.  Remove your CD-ROM of Outpost as you will no longer need to use the disk to play the game.  Have fun!!!!!

There ya go.

Peace.
D

Offline dm-horus

• Banned
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2006, 10:13:31 PM »
Good to meet another Seattlite. Welcome to OPU! If you have any questions, hit up myself, Freeza or Hacker. Dont forget to check out IRC! Thats where we meet to setup multiplayer games and just hang out!

Offline Leviathan

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2006, 06:10:43 AM »
Great to have you with us :D

Welcome :D

Offline Sl0vi

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2006, 11:12:37 AM »
Welcome! :D

I'm sure those that still play OP1 will find that info very useful.
!!!YAY!!!

Offline Savant 231-A

• https://www.outpost2.net
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2006, 12:08:18 PM »
Hey! :) Welcome to OPU community. As everyone said, go to IRC and have fun :P
Gordon Freeman, and mr. Crowbar would own Master Chief in any part of the day.
"Come here citizen."

"From the ashes of the collapse we seek to build a better world for all."