Author Topic: Eden Mission 12  (Read 4082 times)

Offline Admiral Vorta

Eden Mission 12
« on: November 25, 2006, 12:01:27 PM »
Any advice for the final Eden mission? I've tried it at least a quarter dozen times, and it's just about to drive me nuts!

I've ringed my base with all the Thor's Hameer Guard Posts I could afford, and launched everything except the food, children, and colonist modules within the first few waves. But I can never seem to get enough food to launch the module! When I have enough food, I don't have enough colonists! When I have both, a quak destroys the evac transport, Plymouth somehow gets their hands on another missile strike, or whatnot! This game is rigged! ARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Offline spirit1flyer

Eden Mission 12
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2006, 12:30:52 PM »
are you playing on easy? hard?  
"Until you stalk and overrun You can't devour anyone"

Loyal Xfir supporter

Offline Admiral Vorta

Eden Mission 12
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2006, 08:16:50 AM »
It's on easy.

Offline Betaray

• Administrator
Eden Mission 12
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2006, 11:43:34 AM »
build units instead of gp's med centers and residences for population, and just keep churning our units and reinforcing weak areas until you pop and food reaches the right level

for the transport I believe neither side auto shoots at it, but it can get caught in aoe effects like acid so watch out, as soon as you see it appear make room for it and try to concentrate your fighting elsewhere

hope it helps
I am the nincompoop, I eat atomic bombs for breakfest, fusion bombs for lunch, and anti-matter bombs for dinner

I just hope they don't explode

Offline Prometheus

Eden Mission 12
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2006, 09:29:35 PM »
build units instead of gp's med centers and residences for population, and just keep churning our units and reinforcing weak areas until you pop and food reaches the right level

for the transport I believe neither side auto shoots at it, but it can get caught in aoe effects like acid so watch out, as soon as you see it appear make room for it and try to concentrate your fighting elsewhere

hope it helps

One thing I do on the missions is to note where the enemies come in from.  On Eden 12 they seem to come in from NE (upper right corner) & W of your base.  I built my spaceport in the upper right of my base.

getting 10k of your three resources is a huge part of this mission so get several additional agridomes up ASAP.    Make sure your mining operations are maxed at the start too.  Get med centers and residences and keep your pop up.  With Plymouth hounding you, you don't want to have your starship waiting for resources to accumulate.  You'll need plenty of moth ores to build modules and defenses.  For defenses forget about GPs and build vehicles, GPs can only shot at what comes within range of them.  Put the tigers and panthers you start off with where the enemy enters your base and use your lynxes to respond to trouble.  Ideally your spaceport should be waiting for research/events not resources.
[edit for spelling]
« Last Edit: November 26, 2006, 09:36:23 PM by Prometheus »

Offline Tellaris

Eden Mission 12
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2006, 02:59:08 AM »
Make sure you build your smelters as close to the mine as possible, and align the docks with the mine dock.   (Smelters should be no further then 3 squares from mines).   This shortens the round trip for Cargo Trucks.   Additionally, have at least TWO smelters/mine.   Also, have no more then 2 cargo trucks/smelter.
Make sure you get on the Tripple Commons/Rares that exist on the map.   There should be 2 tripple commons, and 1 tripple rare.
Don't worry about using Geothermal.   If you have extra resources, build Solar Power instead.   Otherwise, just build toks as needed and just keep them repaired.   As attacks will come in from the West as well, and waste these geothermal power plants, its just easier to defend a more centralized location.
For EMP missiles:   Build an observatory, and cover your base with Meteor Defenses.   These will take care of *most* of the EMP missiles Plymouth will shoot at you.
*Note the range of a Meteor Defence is about the width of a screen, in a circular area.
Use primairly vehicles, and place a few guardposts at the AI's attack routes.   This provides double the portection.
Have at least 2-3 Vehicle factories constantly pumping out tanks.
For Morale:   Get an Agridome up ASAP.   You don't want to starve.   After that, get a Nursery.   (For some reason, they don't give you one on this mission).   Then build enough Medical Centers and Residences as you need to keep demand under 100%.   Build about 2 - 3 extra agridomes after this.   That will get your food up.   Plymouth does hound you, but the attacks are beatable so long as you get vehicles to back yourself up.
Note* DIRTS reduce EMP time for buildings, as well as prevents damage from weapons/disasters.   This makes them EXTREMELY valuable.   Use them!
If you have reserched Recreation Facilities and Metal Reclamnation, you must have both Recreational Facilities and a GORF, as these affect morale.   (Recreation Facilities have a demand, a GORF does not).
For tanks:   Concentrate on produceing mainly Thor/EMP/Acid combinations.   Whatch that your acids don't shoot your own vehicles (though against an AI this shouldn't be a problem).   Have a mix of Tigers/Panthers/Lynx.   Panthers/Lynx are especially valuable early on while you try to get your ore going.
Don't worry about mission objectives right at the start.   Concentrate on stableizeing morale and gathering more ore.   After that, get defenses up asap.   Once your base is secure, then work on the objectives.
You get a lot of time to complete this mission, so don't get in a panic.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2006, 02:59:46 AM by Baikon »
Spell Checker!   The PoWeR tOoL
Click Here For Coolness
Self Proclaimed OPU Help desk.

Offline Tellaris

Eden Mission 12
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2006, 03:04:02 AM »
Putting this in a seperate post on purpose...
This is what Sierra Seys.

Easy Level
Mission Objectives
You must build and launch these starship components:  Fueling Systems, Stasis Systems, Sensor Package, Phoenix Module.
You must launch 10000 units of Common Metals, 10000 units of Food, and 10000 units of Rare Metals to the starship.
1)You must evacuate Plymouth’s Children* and 200 Colonists* to the starship.
Objectives marked with an asterisk (*) are added during the course of the mission as other objectives are achieved.
Tips from the Test Labs
The challenge is to fend off increasingly difficult attacks from the north, northeast, east, and southwest while accumulating enough resources to complete the starship.  Build 3 Agridomes immediately.  If you have adequate Colonists, you can safely ignore most of the Morale issues for this mission, but you still need to generate a substantial food surplus to launch to the starship.
Start five Cargo Trucks on an ore-hauling route between the Mine to the northwest of your base and your Common Ore Smelter.  Use the sixth Cargo Truck for a route between the Rare Ore Mine south of your base and your Rare Ore Smelter.  After you have completed building your defenses, build three more Cargo Trucks and put them on the Rare Ore route.  Forget defending the Mine in the northeast corner of the map —several attacks come through that small area.  You will be able to generate more than enough Metals to build a great defense and complete your starship.  Do not worry about conserving Metals until after you are assured of survival.
A good defensive strategy is to ring your base with Thor's Hammer Guard Towers, all connected to the base by Tubes.  In addition to having more destructive power than a mobile Thor's Hammer, they cannot be captured and used against you if they are EMP'd.  Build a Solar Power Array and Satellite to provide power safely inside your base where you can defend it, rather than defending the Geothermal Plant to the west.  Build multiple Thor's Hammer Tigers to complete your defense.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2006, 03:04:17 AM by Baikon »
Spell Checker!   The PoWeR tOoL
Click Here For Coolness
Self Proclaimed OPU Help desk.

Offline siqueule

Eden Mission 12
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2006, 05:57:28 AM »
very easy, this mission!
no, really I dribbled to finish this mission  :ph34r:

I have succeed with some emp guard posts and a lot of thor's hammer lynx :)  
attention! ne mets pas tes mains sur la porte: tu risques de te faire pincer très fort
warning! don't put your hand on the door: you risk to be grip very strong

Offline Nightmare24148

Eden Mission 12
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2006, 07:09:23 PM »
I only won...by cheating...

Sorry :ph34r:
I look to see, in the mirror.

All I see, is that he is me.

Offline White Claw

Eden Mission 12
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2006, 02:48:00 PM »
If you time your colonist launch correctly, there won't be any enemies on the map when the evac transports show up.

I use tigers/panthers at main attack points backed up by a guard post or two (no more). Let the enemy close in to attack the guardpost(s), then flank him with your heavy units. I keep a pack or two of several lynx on a hot key to use as a quick response force if I need reinforcements. Don't just build Thor, build EMPs as well.

I usually write off the mine in the top right and the Geothermal. I will normally run a north/south wall along the west side of my base with an opening near the north end (toward the mine), and an opening near the south. This is where I do most of the killing. I don't put too many walls at the northeast and southeast corners. Just units and a guardpost or two.

Build a couple extra agridomes when you can afford too. But not too early (you need the colonists elsewhere). As your population pumps up, you can activate the extra agridomes when you don't need your structure factory. Eventually your population will be high enough to easily support both. Don't forget to build all the other usual structures to keep the morale high.

« Last Edit: December 09, 2006, 02:54:23 PM by White Claw »

Offline Brazilian Fan

Eden Mission 12
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2006, 03:46:06 PM »
This was how I won:

First: Put a very nice music.

Second: Don't use the corner mine

Third: Split you defending force in two, one at the right side of you base and the other at the left side

Fourth: Start building Agridomes (about 10) and tigers (Thor, EMP and RPG)

Fifth: Move the two armyes up and down to defend your base.

Sixth: Launch your spaceship and WIN!

Offline siqueule

Eden Mission 12
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2006, 03:22:00 AM »
you've successed... with DAN'S help?!  :ph34r:  

attention! ne mets pas tes mains sur la porte: tu risques de te faire pincer très fort
warning! don't put your hand on the door: you risk to be grip very strong

Offline White Claw

Eden Mission 12
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2006, 07:01:51 PM »
Holy crap! 10 agridomes? I didn't build quite that many... I guess I don't mind the attacks so much that I'm willing to wait a little longer...

Offline Brazilian Fan

Eden Mission 12
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2006, 06:17:38 AM »
Holy crap! 10 agridomes? I didn't build quite that many... I guess I don't mind the attacks so much that I'm willing to wait a little longer...
I don't really care about the attacks, they're ineffective. And the 10 Agridomes thingy, isn't needed, but if you are in a hurry, it's a good idea.

Offline White Claw

Eden Mission 12
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2006, 08:55:37 AM »
I guess that's just it. I'm not in a hurry.