Author Topic: New Planets  (Read 26933 times)

Offline Gagagigo3

New Planets
« on: October 11, 2006, 01:18:57 PM »
I thinked about if it would be fun if you could colonize other planets with orther habitats with that ship Conestoga :op2:
But there would be more editting, right?
I just need YES or KNOW from an admin and im ready
[REALLY just YES or NO]
Extinction is just the beginning.

Check this out, it rocks

Offline omagaalpha

New Planets
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2006, 01:31:03 PM »
lol that kindya rude of you say just yes or no admin. if get look try compling to format that suppose too.

Though think good idea for cool if game was not so limit only a planet.
Sorry if my grammar and spelling is bad, but I have disablity with it.
Yes, English is the first and only language that I know.

Offline Skydock Command

New Planets
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2006, 03:04:24 PM »
It would be cool if we could colonize entire solar systems. Even asteriods and moons and stuff. And build space stations all over with difernet tasks like a lab or a mine or a colony on a space station.
Savant Computer: Communications link established.
Skydock: This is Skydock Command. We have received your message.

Offline Sirbomber

New Planets
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2006, 05:02:46 PM »
But why? If you can barely survive as it is you're not going to make yourself weaker by spreading out. That's like somebody saying they're going to cut off their arm so they have less to feed.
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials

Offline omagaalpha

New Planets
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2006, 08:36:00 PM »
he obvouis vague cause more think op1 how chose planet you going colonize :P
Sorry if my grammar and spelling is bad, but I have disablity with it.
Yes, English is the first and only language that I know.

Offline Chandler

New Planets
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2006, 10:09:39 PM »
I think it would be brilliant if you could colonize other plants, but as Sirbomber pointed out - we're talking about the last survivors of the human race. They hardly have the resources, population or motive to spread out like that.

Remember what happened when the original Edenists decided to split into two colonies to increase their chance of survival.... didn't work out too well, did it?
Chandler

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
New Planets
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2006, 03:32:27 AM »
This sounded like you wanted a multipul starting planet choice.  like here, here, or there.  A interesting idea but then you might have to makes or tweak the story for each planet because the environment its self would have alot to do with the goings on.

Offline TH300

• http://op3game.net
New Planets
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2006, 06:35:36 AM »
The main story and the campaign will be about New Terra and Cythera. Other planets wouldn't fit in too well.

For Skirmish mode, however, it would be possbile. In that case the player would be allowed to choose from different planets with different environments, which may not stand in any relation to the original story.

Some problems might be caused by the techtree that we are making for Cythera and not some other totally different planet.

Offline Skydock Command

New Planets
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2006, 05:08:09 PM »
Well if we had a mode like the campain missions or what ever they were called but not then main campain, we could have a totaly new way of play. We could star out with a map of the know area from the explorations of the Casanoga before they found New Terra, then go to picking a landing site, making the colonies, exploreing the area of space around and then make space sations and stuff.

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
New Planets
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2006, 12:44:10 AM »
The point to new terra was that it was the closest that would support life.  They passed by alot of planets that couldnt you wouldnt want to land on them and try to live there because you would just be confined to the colony for the rest of your life.  Humanity can not survive in a cage.

Offline Betaray

• Administrator
New Planets
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2006, 11:03:19 AM »
well, seeing as how the blight terraformed new Tera, eventually it will run out of material to break down, and it would effectively starve to death

perhaps as the star ship is fueling on the gas giant they could come by this information (the sky dock was also a com relay), and thus would choose to go back to New Tera rather then risk another trip to the stars

New Tera would have a new atmosphere, but it still would not be breathable by humans, why? because of the intense volcanic activity would spew tons of C02 and sulfur compounds into the atmosphere, making it toxic, so from a game play stand point they would still have tubes and sealed buildings, and war would still be fought by robots
I am the nincompoop, I eat atomic bombs for breakfest, fusion bombs for lunch, and anti-matter bombs for dinner

I just hope they don't explode

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
New Planets
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2006, 01:13:03 PM »
i dont see why it would ever be fought by humans with there being so little of them

Offline Skydock Command

New Planets
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2006, 02:38:28 PM »
In the novella, only one starship was finaly luanched in time, yet there are two skydocks that were operational. If we are to have eden and/or plymouth back, we must think of an excuse as to WHY they are still alive. Did the other faction modify the Skydock to support life for 400 people, not just the regular 6 as the crew working to build the startship? Did they hide on one of New Terras moons? What?

Offline Betaray

• Administrator
New Planets
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2006, 02:49:38 PM »
well sustaining people in suspended animation in orbit would require a lot less resources than sending them off to another star

so I could see them adopting a wait it out strategy if they were not able to fully construct the star ship

I am the nincompoop, I eat atomic bombs for breakfest, fusion bombs for lunch, and anti-matter bombs for dinner

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
New Planets
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2006, 05:31:16 PM »
Moons are alot farther then a skydock orbit it would take alot more to get there

Offline Arklon

• Administrator
New Planets
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2006, 05:47:07 PM »
The Skydock isn't the starship. It's just a satellite that allows launched starship modules to be built in to the starship. "Our Skydock will function as an orbital command post.  In addition to docking facilities for our launch vehicles ferrying components and technicians, it serves as a command and control facility for construction of our starship." Like the name of it kinda suggests.
But yes, there were two starships. One (Plymouth's, no matter which novella you follow) was incomplete, however. Maybe it was marginally completed so that it could get to one of the moons.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2006, 05:50:03 PM by Arklon »

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
New Planets
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2006, 02:00:55 AM »
Is there any confirmation that new terra has a moon or moons i know there seems to be one in the main screen for op2.

Offline Skydock Command

New Planets
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2006, 05:49:30 AM »
Two moons are shown at the same time in the vidio clip things. So there are two moons whether or not anything esle mentions them.

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
New Planets
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2006, 12:57:06 PM »
Well i would rather go by what the novella says because those might be disproportionate planets

Offline Arklon

• Administrator
New Planets
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2006, 01:38:21 PM »
Well i would rather go by what the novella says because those might be disproportionate planets
THAT close to New Terra?

Offline Betaray

• Administrator
New Planets
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2006, 01:47:35 PM »
why would it need to go to a moon when it can just wait it out in orbit?

Offline Arklon

• Administrator
New Planets
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2006, 01:52:11 PM »
why would it need to go to a moon when it can just wait it out in orbit?
Because they wouldn't be waiting it out.  

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
New Planets
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2006, 02:10:27 PM »
in orbit or on a moon its still waiting cant stay on moon or in orbit forever

Offline Savant 231-A

• https://www.outpost2.net
New Planets
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2006, 02:33:46 PM »
But why? If you can barely survive as it is you're not going to make yourself weaker by spreading out.
I disagree.

Why? Becuse if some "accident" happens at for example New Terra and no one can survive at the planet, than everything depends on onther people on other planets/asteroids

How ever, if those other colonys where made beyond homeplanet, they are going to be run by CPU, not you. You could just set material sending, people shipment, food, earth and oxygen shipment and all these materials needed for building the base.

I think that this idea is good.(thumbsup)
Gordon Freeman, and mr. Crowbar would own Master Chief in any part of the day.
"Come here citizen."

"From the ashes of the collapse we seek to build a better world for all."

Offline Skydock Command

New Planets
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2006, 02:40:16 PM »
I agree as well, but the colonies will be run by people. In game yes CPU but novella and other things it must clearly stae run by people. The other colonies need a human commander.

Why cant we control the other colonies dircetly to make a change, yet most of the time not run by you? I think that would be a good idea.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2006, 02:41:07 PM by Skydock Command »