Author Topic: Real Brazilian-portuguese Translation  (Read 9093 times)

Offline Brazilian Fan

Real Brazilian-portuguese Translation
« on: September 29, 2006, 12:55:52 PM »
Im starting a portuguese translation for outpost 2. there is other translation in progress but i do not agree with, it contain a lot of grammar errors like "meteoro expectado". it should be like "meteoro esperado" or "meteoro previsto".

If anyone agrees with me, please help to translate Outpost 2 to brazilian-portuguese, not portugal-portuguese or cape green-portuguese.

Para um melhor reconhecimento da língua portuguesa.

Offline Slaughter (PhodoX)

« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2006, 04:36:38 PM »
Brazilian Fan, I'm Slaughter_PhodoX (you sure knows what that means) and I'm a Brazilian, just like you. If you want help, call me on MSN (redslaughter@msn.com) and we'll talk about that. I'll try to help with what I can.
Here comes the SUPERNOVA SWARM!

<Upload the photo to the OPU servers please!!!!>

Offline Sirbomber

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2006, 07:12:14 AM »
Im starting a portuguese translation for outpost 2. there is other translation in progress but i do not agree with, it contain a lot of grammar errors like "meteoro expectado". it should be like "meteoro esperado" or "meteoro previsto".
That's the online translator's fault. I was helping out by just running everything through a translator and he was supposed to correct any gramatical errors.
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials

Offline Brazilian Fan

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2006, 02:25:01 PM »
That's the online translator's fault. I was helping out by just running everything through a translator and he was supposed to correct any gramatical errors.

Sorry Sirbomber, if you know how translation program works, it showld be easy to understand why there was some "errors" like the one I posted. Almost all phrases have more than one meaning and even the program that "correct" any gramatical error will be wrong (not much, just a little in most cases). That's why you can't use any type of translator in a project of this magentude. It's not just literal translating, it showld be translated with "style". Humans and brazilian guys are more trustable for this kind of work.

Oh, and Slaughter_PhodoX, thanks for the help proposal. I'll be on MSN on monday to disscuss your allocation in the project.

I have translated almost all menu and started the mission objectives.

If anyone wants to help, please post here.

Para um Outpost 2 em português.

Offline Sirbomber

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2006, 04:01:25 PM »
I can do the same thing I was doing: running it through a translator and you guys fix it.

I don't actually know Portuguese though.
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials

Offline Brazilian Fan

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2006, 12:01:11 PM »
I can do the same thing I was doing: running it through a translator and you guys fix it.

I think this isn't much help, for a good translation or fix, I showld have and uderstand the original english version, automaticaly deleting any translator help.

Soon I'll release the op2shres.dll and out2res.dll (menus) translated.

Offline Slaughter (PhodoX)

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2006, 02:06:14 PM »
Brazilian, you did'nt contacted me. Where are you? I want to do what I must to help.

My MSN is redslaughter@msn.com

By the way... Look and the ENTIRE nick... There's something there that Brazilians can understand...
« Last Edit: October 06, 2006, 02:09:16 PM by Slaughter (PhodoX) »
Here comes the SUPERNOVA SWARM!

<Upload the photo to the OPU servers please!!!!>

Offline Brazilian Fan

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2006, 05:34:33 AM »
Slaughter, i already added you on MSN (marcoschulze@msn.com) and im waiting for you since monday

Offline Brazilian Fan

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2006, 10:25:43 AM »
The language.ini file partially translated into portuguese here

The two DLLs for the menus here, the sprites aren't translated

Offline Jgamer

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2006, 02:15:42 PM »
Hah, so. If you need help, go for idura_@hotmail.com too, i'm willing to help but i'm fairly lost in all this ordeal, it's been many months since I last been in this site.
Oh, yeah, 'nother Brazilian here. The original OP2 brazilian fan ^^

Offline Brazilian Fan

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2006, 03:46:31 PM »
Do you use MSN? I've already added you.

Good to know you want to help. Slaughter_PhodoX is translating the novella and I am translating the in-game. How 'bout you help translating the help file? Use programs like HelpScribble.