Author Topic: App  (Read 5328 times)

Offline DarekStar

App
« on: September 12, 2006, 02:36:37 AM »
APP (Atmospheric Proccessin Plant)

Basicly it  takes a planets current atmosphere and converts it in  to a atmosphere like earths.

Its like a Eden tech in the fact that its usefull for terraformin with out the need of microengennerin (no blight).

It would boost moral 2 cuz the Colonists wouldnt have to be stuck inthose cramp suits whith it up and could open a few new building options.

-Darek S.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2006, 03:26:20 AM by DarekStar »
-Darek

Caution this user refuses to spell check or even try and spell corectly unless posting a story.

so bare with him

Offline Tramis

App
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2006, 09:57:35 AM »
Doubt it.  Functionally, the structure would probably take forever to accomplish this (its got an entire atmosphere to convert - anyone know how many cubic meters that is?) and for very little benefit.  Also, consider that after the happenings on New Terra, the Eden colonists will be leary of, if not downright superstitious about, terraforming.  Building it would probably actually lower morale.

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
App
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2006, 02:28:26 PM »
Its not like a O2 processor would instantaniously make a atmoshpere it would take 100s if noth 1000s of year for any human creation to make a atmosphere.

Offline Tramis

App
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2006, 07:13:34 PM »
Except the blight, and we all know the side effects of THAT.

Offline Betaray

• Administrator
App
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2006, 07:41:04 PM »
you may want to look it up and see how difficult it would be before you suggest a building be able to terraform a planet http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terraforming
I am the nincompoop, I eat atomic bombs for breakfest, fusion bombs for lunch, and anti-matter bombs for dinner

I just hope they don't explode

Offline DarekStar

App
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2006, 10:59:24 PM »
Well it cant terraform all it dose is take basic elaments found in the ground and converts it to air. i  think it breakes down the molicules.

Play doom 3 i got the idea for it on one of the vidiocards i found had an idea only on a mutch larger scale.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2006, 11:00:21 PM by DarekStar »
-Darek

Caution this user refuses to spell check or even try and spell corectly unless posting a story.

so bare with him

Offline Savant 231-A

• https://www.outpost2.net
App
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2006, 02:21:25 PM »
I got in idea,  why not to make APP in backyard.
Make an glass of 10-50 m where children could play, excersise, and would boost morale,
Just research: APP. And residences and Advanced residence could have an APP in backyard.
Gordon Freeman, and mr. Crowbar would own Master Chief in any part of the day.
"Come here citizen."

"From the ashes of the collapse we seek to build a better world for all."

Offline Sirbomber

App
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2006, 03:44:58 PM »
I got in idea,  why not to make APP in backyard.
Make an glass of 10-50 m where children could play, excersise, and would boost morale,
Just research: APP. And residences and Advanced residence could have an APP in backyard.
It's called "New Terra doesn't have air and they'd all die if they went in the 'backyard'."
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
App
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2006, 05:06:05 PM »
LOL what the hell the back yard.  OP2 wasnt filmed in Burbank california.

This APP is pointless.  A place for people to play REC CENTER or FORUMS.  How do they have Oxygen in the first place? Means they already have a way of making a atmosphere. Guessing it would have to do with the water under ground and using eletricity to make hydrogen and Dioxide.  

The residences themselfs are made to house as many people in a prison like cell with a savant.  so there is no courtyard in the center of the building.

Offline Skydock Command

App
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2006, 09:09:46 AM »
The residences themselfs are made to house as many people in a prison like cell with a savant.  so there is no courtyard in the center of the building.
I always thought that there was a park like area in the resedence, thats why there isnt a park building like in OP1
Savant Computer: Communications link established.
Skydock: This is Skydock Command. We have received your message.

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
App
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2006, 02:54:38 PM »
gosh why does every one think that the colony Minimalist style would have all this really fancy crap in it.  The building support humans not plants or grass because plants and grass would take up alot of resourses like water and power in the form of light.  Water and light would go to the Agridomes.  The have tubes and Automatic vecs to roam around in not to mention they have either a forum or rec center.  

Offline Skydock Command

App
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2006, 03:11:18 PM »
I know but in one of the vidos in ouptost 2 it showed people standing in a resedence but in a large open area that I could see trees in.

Offline Betaray

• Administrator
App
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2006, 03:14:20 PM »
residences does have a large common area for people to relax in, and it does have small potted plants to help make O2 and provide a small amount of food, both things increase morale
I am the nincompoop, I eat atomic bombs for breakfest, fusion bombs for lunch, and anti-matter bombs for dinner

I just hope they don't explode

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
App
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2006, 03:40:04 PM »
There that is the minimalist thing i am talking about there wouldnt be any trees Trees take alot of energy.

Offline Skydock Command

App
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2006, 03:47:02 PM »
I thought there was grass to in that comman area.