Author Topic: Website Editors Wanted  (Read 2130 times)

Offline BlackBox

• Administrator
Website Editors Wanted
« on: August 14, 2006, 02:47:43 PM »
One of the things we really should have is a good website, to help people who are new to OPU.

Since the server change (and the site design change) we have started using a system which makes it really easy for people to edit the website, even if they don't have HTML skills. (If you can work WordPad or Microsoft Word you should be able to work the editor in the site, it's completely WYSIWYG).

So I'm asking, who would like to help out and edit the site? There are plenty of broken links and unfinished pages / sections.

If you want to see what the editor looks like (a shot of editing the Power page of the manual with a Magma Well in the pictures at top  <_< ) here it is:

http://hacker.outpostuniverse.net/site-editor.jpg

This goes to show that just about anyone can help edit the main site, even easier than the Wiki.

If you're interested, just post :)

Offline Sl0vi

Website Editors Wanted
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2006, 04:27:48 PM »
well, the whole broken links part and some links leading to the old site is one thing I've always found annoying. So yeah, I'm willing to help.
!!!YAY!!!

Offline <Rogue>Leader

Website Editors Wanted
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2006, 12:35:58 PM »
Id be willing to help in my spare time.  I just came back to college so ill be pretty busy but ill help with what i can.  I know a good deal of basic html, i dont know java.  But i can pretty much do what the website is so far just by writing the html so let me know what u need or email me.  BTW frames, forms, tables are no problem for me.

Offline gamerscd0

Website Editors Wanted
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2006, 02:11:02 AM »
I can help some if u need it just pm me or ask on irc

Offline dm-horus

• Banned
Website Editors Wanted
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2006, 02:29:55 AM »
doubt i will be tapped for it, but im open and willing to help.

Offline Tellaris

Website Editors Wanted
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2006, 12:59:00 AM »
I'd be glad to retype my section on Morale and Disasters for help, I posted it around here somewhere.   I think I even have access to it in my Notes folder (can't check atm, will have to wait tell Wednesday of next week)
Anything else I can help with, be glad to, but you'll have to let me know.
Spell Checker!   The PoWeR tOoL
Click Here For Coolness
Self Proclaimed OPU Help desk.

Offline YouDontKnowJack

Website Editors Wanted
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2006, 02:20:24 PM »
if this post isn't necro, i'd be happy to help a bit even though I'm new at this forum and am really busy.