Author Topic: New Weapons  (Read 34351 times)

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
New Weapons
« on: August 09, 2006, 04:56:15 PM »
These are just Ideas for new weapons.

Ok First the Chaingun

The Chain Gun a classic in most games FPS mostly.  This weapon uses the old school chemical combustion method to propell solid slugs of tungsten (not lead its to soft).  So use on the armor of OP2/3 it would have little penetration and alot of concussion.

Big Magnum

Big Magnum Basicly a really big rifle lol. Slow firing because of the big shells its basicly a tank killer using Sabot rounds to rip though armor.  Alot of penetration.

The Plasma Thrower (NOT A DAMN FLAME TANK PEOPLE)

The Plasma Thrower.  Not like a flame thrower it fire balls of super hot Hydrogen but use of magentism.  A very slow firing weapon but if some thing that hot hit ya you would know it.

My Famous NOG (COLD CANNON)

The Famous NOG.  Origionally a weapon i dreamed up for eden to counter the sticky.  Only to have it shoot down in the name of keepy plymouth the only one with 2 weapons that can stop vecs.  Fires a dual canister grenade which on impact spreads a thick viscous oil which is then frozen by the nitrogen cloud released quickly after.  A complex tech is why I thought it should be edens.

The PPC (partical projection cannon)

The PPC.  Any one that has had any thing to do with Mechwarrior or Battle Tech will know this weapon.  Its a big slow f***er of a weapon.  Fires this blue ball of particals.  Mostly its a slow moving energy blast but magically in the form of a ball not a coheriant beam.

The ELF (Electron Flux Cannon)

The ELF.  Basicly its like the thor.  Which means it wont be used because you know one lightning weapon is good enough but i put it up here any way.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2006, 04:59:25 PM by Freeza-CII »

Offline Betaray

• Administrator
New Weapons
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2006, 05:28:24 PM »
put'em all togather and what do ya got?

um.. a really weard looking thing
I am the nincompoop, I eat atomic bombs for breakfest, fusion bombs for lunch, and anti-matter bombs for dinner

I just hope they don't explode

Offline CK9

• Administrator
    • http://www.outpost2.net/~ck9
New Weapons
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2006, 07:48:43 PM »
*puts them all on a very large chasis and chases beta around*
CK9 in outpost
Iamck in runescape (yes, I still play...sometimes...)
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...
xdarkinsidex on deviantart

yup, I have too many screen names

Offline Tramis

New Weapons
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2006, 12:28:35 AM »
Maybe rename the PPC, and the ELF as well.   Yes, I played Cyberstorm too.  For those of you that didn't, it was like a really light Thor that can penetrate shields really well but not do as much damage - that may be a way to diffrentiate between ELF and TH :P  and I prefered the Pipe Organ over the vulcan, it was overall a more hitech, OP2ish idea, but perhaps we could use both...
« Last Edit: August 10, 2006, 12:30:14 AM by Tramis »

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
New Weapons
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2006, 01:03:24 AM »
The Elf was used in Earth Seige.  a game made by Dynamix.  It basicly ripped through the hercs.  The Elf in Cyber storm was different but then you couldnt see it.  The only difference with the Elf and Thor was that the Thor is one shot at a time and the Elf was a constant stream till the weapons capacitor went dry which was pretty quick.  Which is why it could slice through things.  If any thing it wasnt no Lite weight thors hammer

The Pipe organ seems a little out there for one reason.  The pipe organ would be able to launch so much s*** into the air at a constant rate. that it would destroy some thing faster then a thors hammer.  To put it short it would be a moving wall of projectiles that Neo couldnt dodge.

The Vulcan would be a competitor with the Laser and Micro because yes it is lite weight.  And it could destroy things it just takes some shots to do it like the laser and Micro.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2006, 01:05:07 AM by Freeza-CII »

Offline dm-horus

• Banned
New Weapons
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2006, 04:57:36 PM »
lol PPC. damn mechhead freeza!

Offline Betaray

• Administrator
New Weapons
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2006, 06:27:42 PM »
lol I like your description of the pipe organ, thats what I designed it to do lol
I am the nincompoop, I eat atomic bombs for breakfest, fusion bombs for lunch, and anti-matter bombs for dinner

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
New Weapons
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2006, 09:22:06 PM »
Ya i know beta.  But it really doesnt seem like a fair weapon lol.

Offline Tramis

New Weapons
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2006, 02:34:21 AM »
Well it has that crazy rate of fire, but it really wouldn't do that much damage, its just bullets against heavy armor plus the barrels would overheat like crazy meaning itd have to spend some downtime after a certain amount of firing.

And I never played Earthsiege, just Cyberstorm, and the Elfs never did nearly as much damage as the other guns - but it completely ignored shields.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2006, 02:37:20 AM by Tramis »

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
New Weapons
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2006, 05:16:34 AM »
UM it would do massive damage for one reason  WE ARENT FIRING LEAD BULLETS.  IT could be just about any thing coming out of that barrel rockets bullets made from Tungsten RPGs if it comes from a tube that gun could fire it.  The Damage this weapon can do is INSANE.  Imagen for every second your vec is hit with not one but THOUSANDS of projectiles.  And the Cooling problem has been thought of hasnt it beta thats why there were so many barrels cooling and loading pretty much at the same time.  The Pipe Organ would be one of the most FEARed weapons.  TOday there is a weapon already like it METAL STORM.  Fired like 10000 rounds of 9mm bullets in 1 sec.  Scale that out to a tank killer shell.   get the drift.

Offline Tramis

New Weapons
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2006, 11:55:57 PM »
Yes, but consider - they can't fire RPGs or rockets or tungsten bullets because of simple logistics.  The insane ROF would fire more RPGs in one minute than they fired in the entire war on New Terra, and they simply can't mass-produce rockets on that scale, on a battle-to-battle basis.  They would be restricted to using simple, cheap-to-produce ammunition that wouldn't be very powerful.

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
New Weapons
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2006, 02:59:14 AM »
Uh Arent you just being a BIT to literal there.  Even so If they can crank out units like that then it doesnt matter about what they can produce.  Tungsten would be very easy.  And RPGs forget about it those are simple as well.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2006, 03:00:55 AM by Freeza-CII »

Offline CK9

• Administrator
New Weapons
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2006, 03:01:52 AM »
explosive shells...
CK9 in outpost
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
New Weapons
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2006, 02:41:11 PM »
exactly CK9

But now imagen like 60 of these big ass shells every second in a endless chain of destruction that would make the thors hammer green with envy

Offline Betaray

• Administrator
New Weapons
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2006, 02:54:48 PM »
when I designed it, I assumed it would fire rounds very simmiler to the rounds currently fired by metal storm, basicly just regular bullits with powder behind them being held in the barrel (casteless) fired electronicly in a rapid sequence

current versions of metal storm fire 9mm rounds, basicly the same bullitt in a pistol, but because of the extreme rate of fire and amount of projectiles, it is able to penatrate tank armor quite easily, the pipe organ is just basicly a weapon that can sustain that high rate of fire for long periods of time, hence why it would be superuber lol

Offline Tramis

New Weapons
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2006, 10:07:48 AM »
Okay... -_-

I still think it would be kewl if we could work it in there somehow without being superuber.

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
New Weapons
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2006, 03:52:43 PM »
the pipe organ is the pipe organ its just to powerful for games.  They have a version of metal storm that fires impact grenades.

Offline BlackBox

• Administrator
New Weapons
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2006, 04:10:46 PM »
What about something like shotgun shells? Each tube fires a projectile similar to a shotgun shell which sprays shot all over.

This is more economical to produce, and the material wouldn't have to be that refined (if they're just to cause lots of concussion damage it could be rocks sitting on the ground for that matter).

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
New Weapons
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2006, 04:23:39 PM »
The problem with shotgun shells is it fires round bbs heheh those dont do very much to armor.  Give that there are Slugs for shot guns it just becomes a very big pistol.  Then you have Sabot Rounds which pretty much go right thought armor on kenetic power alone.

Offline BlackBox

• Administrator
New Weapons
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2006, 05:29:18 PM »
Yeah, that is a good point.

Maybe just firing explosive rounds would do the trick.

Offline Arklon

• Administrator
New Weapons
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2006, 06:22:53 PM »

Pipe Organ. Maybe you can see why it's too good to be in the game.

Offline Betaray

• Administrator
New Weapons
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2006, 07:23:22 PM »
only the top half of the barrels (probably only 8) would be visable as the turret, the rest would be inside the vec itself

I dont think shotgun shells would work because of the nature of the way it fires, the rounds are stacked end over end in the barrel without any barriers, so that the compressive force from the round infrount of it exploding would probably fuse the pellets togather

it wouldnt need anything along the lines of granades or high explosives, the sheer number of rounds it would fire would produce more than enough damage, I know that they have built versions with higher caliber and with high explosive shells (http://www.metalstorm.com/) but I doubt the loading system would be able to handle the shock and weight from loading and fireing such a projectile (it wouldnt load 1 at a time, the loader loads a stack of about 50 at a time for each barrel, seeing that 8 barrels at a time would be in various stages of being loaded at any one time, thats pretty taxing)

I dont know, its a game, mabe the small caliber will redeam it and allow it to be used in game, although like I said, the sheer number of projectiles would be a problem

also, a tip for rendering, instead of trying to show every bullit it fires, mabe just have a grey cloud comming from the weapon when it fires, it would save on processing power and be more realistic (it is basicly makeing a lead cloud after all)

and for your viewing pleasure http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=17...tal+storm&hl=en

think about that, but constant

Offline CK9

• Administrator
New Weapons
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2006, 07:44:53 PM »
mil-15...explosive shell shotgun...

I say, let's make it a rock launcher, major concussion damage, even to armor
CK9 in outpost

Offline Tramis

New Weapons
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2006, 12:12:44 AM »
Betaray, that vid really put this s*** into perspective for me.  As of right now, my vote is against the Pipe Organ 0_0

Offline Betaray

• Administrator
New Weapons
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2006, 12:00:11 PM »
I wondered when people would grasp just how powerful my idea would be lol