Author Topic: Newbies  (Read 1660 times)

Offline StreetRod

Newbies
« on: August 09, 2006, 09:49:38 AM »
Hello All,
             Love the game OP2, I use to play on WON years ago and have played with a few of you guys recently. I have to say that I am glad OP2 is still alive but not like the days of WON, for one thing it seems to be the same few players all the time, which are the very best players out there playing. It's hard for a newbie to get started now because no one wants to play with a newbie, maybe all newbies should idenifty themselves as such, at least this way the newbie could play each other until their skills have developed well enough to play the good players. Without newbies OP2 will never develop again into kick ass game that it was really ment to be, muti-player online. I hope OP3 gets developed and becomes as great as OP2 was back in the day, and I am glad there are at least a few of your guys keeping the faith alive, i think we just need to get more newbies in and let them play, it is the only way you will be able to grow, otherwise it's just the same few good players playing each other. If any newbies want to get together on Hamachi and play some games you can e-mail me at randar1@hotmail.com.

Long Live OP2

Offline Leviathan

Newbies
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2006, 10:32:29 AM »
The fact is OP2 is a very old game and it does not have many players who are still playing and keeping involved. I dont think were evea get as big as WON was, even once new games are around but I hope we do. I hope we keep growing and improveing like we have done over the past few years. But we need people to stay involved. People need to run IRC whenevea their computers are on. We need people to help the forum stay active and keep posting and we need people to contribute overall, everyone can help out. The community is about much more than gaming.

There are many different levels of players still around and there are some players who can play every week and some who cant. There are people who are willing to help newbies out for sure. If you want to help the game life on I wish you would stay with us and help.

Offline StreetRod

Newbies
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2006, 10:54:35 AM »
The fact is OP2 is a very old game and it does not have many players who are still playing and keeping involved. I dont think were evea get as big as WON was, even once new games are around but I hope we do. I hope we keep growing and improveing like we have done over the past few years. But we need people to stay involved. People need to run IRC whenevea their computers are on. We need people to help the forum stay active and keep posting and we need people to contribute overall, everyone can help out. The community is about much more than gaming.

There are many different levels of players still around and there are some players who can play every week and some who cant. There are people who are willing to help newbies out for sure. If you want to help the game life on I wish you would stay with us and help.
I would love to help anyway I can, I travel all over for my job so Ham is the only thing that works for me now. I am just saying that Newbie's are the life of any game and the most important players to keep the game and organization growing, and I think it should be made as easy as possible for a newbie to play, I have played a few guys on Ham who are very good players and they have all been very good and I mean no disrespect towards anyone, but you can since that if you're not up to their level that they do not enjoy playing with you, and it's not enjoyable for a newbie to get beat all the time, so I guess the answer is to match players as close as possible to someone of the same experience, maybe a rating system of sorts. That way equal players are playing and growing at the same levels, I don't have all the answers but maybe a channel for newbie's, inter, and advanced would be something to think about. What would you like me to do to help?

Thanks Randy

Offline Leviathan

Newbies
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2006, 01:09:48 PM »
I agree that a community needs newbies to keep going and they are an important part and I hope we can keep attracting new players.

People can allways help us by posting reguarly on the forum and the wiki needs everyones help and contributions.

Offline Eddy-B

• http://www.eddy-b.com
Newbies
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2006, 01:05:36 AM »
YO!
Rule #1:  Eddy is always right
Rule #2: If you think he's wrong, see rule #1
--------------------

Outpost : Renegades - Eddy-B.com - Electronics Pit[/siz