Author Topic: Homeworld:  (Read 3534 times)

Offline Highlander

• Outpost 2 Elder
Homeworld:
« on: July 29, 2006, 01:54:06 AM »
A few weeks back I bought the first Homeworld game, and after playing it off line when I've been at work, I finally completed the Single player campaign. I played as Kushan my first try.

So I decided to try and play as Tai'dan or whatever the other race is called, but apparently, you go throught the same campaign.. ? I only started the first campaign before deciding it wasn't worth playing again if I were to do the same missions.

Does anyone know if you just go through the same missions all over with both races, or are there differences in the mission when you play one race compared to the other.. ?
There can be Only one. Wipe Them out. All of Them.

Old player still playing. Visit Spark for a game of Outpost 2

Offline gamerscd0

Homeworld:
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2006, 03:40:59 AM »
im preaty shure their all the same    btw i just got homeworld 2 :)

Offline spirit1flyer

Homeworld:
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2006, 11:37:36 AM »
I don't have any clue,  I've owned HW1 and 2 for some time now,  but I've never completed the campaign for HW1.   I just had trouble using the older game cam controls after using HW2's
"Until you stalk and overrun You can't devour anyone"

Loyal Xfir supporter

Offline Sl0vi

Homeworld:
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2006, 12:57:39 PM »
It's exactly the same campaign for both races.
!!!YAY!!!

Offline Tellaris

Homeworld:
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2006, 10:26:03 PM »
Yep, Exactly the same.   How I beat the game?   I simply salvaged EVERY single capital ship on the map.   Salvage Corvettes are the pwnzorz!   Only things I built that where actually MINE where fighters.
Spell Checker!   The PoWeR tOoL
Click Here For Coolness
Self Proclaimed OPU Help desk.

Offline Chandler

Homeworld:
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2006, 09:30:37 PM »
Yeah - same campaign for both races, just diff models and a slight diff in tech (Cloak/Defense Fighters, Drone/Defense Frigates, etc).

Go the salvage corvettes (I stole almost all the Ion Cannon frigates that made the sphere around the Hyperspace Inhibitor in the later missions... MWAHAHAHAHA)

HW1 kicks HW2s ass! I want NO UNIT CAP!

Lag the network with 300+ fighters in sphere formation B)  
Chandler

Offline Sl0vi

Homeworld:
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2006, 03:49:38 PM »
Yep, Exactly the same.   How I beat the game?   I simply salvaged EVERY single capital ship on the map.   Salvage Corvettes are the pwnzorz!   Only things I built that where actually MINE where fighters.
lol, that's sort of the same way I completed the game too. I found homeworld 1 to be extremely easy, but the story was awesome. I just wish fighters were more valuable, you have to micromanage them like crazy if you want to take on capital ships with them, and if the enemy brings a missile destroyer you might as well give up with fighters.
!!!YAY!!!

Offline Highlander

• Outpost 2 Elder
Homeworld:
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2006, 06:18:15 PM »
Lol, I figured out it was possible to steal ships with those salvage corevettes but whats the point ?

I mean, I much prefer battles rather than removing ships 1 by 1..

Long live the micro-managing!
There can be Only one. Wipe Them out. All of Them.

Old player still playing. Visit Spark for a game of Outpost 2

Offline Sl0vi

Homeworld:
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2006, 07:01:30 PM »
Lol, I figured out it was possible to steal ships with those salvage corevettes but whats the point ?

I mean, I much prefer battles rather than removing ships 1 by 1..

Long live the micro-managing!
because you can go way over the cap limit by salvaging, and instead of losing ships your constantly gaining ships :P You should try to complete it without salvagers since the game becomes very easy when your stealing entire fleets from the enemy :P
!!!YAY!!!

Offline Tellaris

Homeworld:
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2006, 06:30:58 PM »
I made it to the very last mission without salvagers, but I litterally had nothing to fight off the waves of Elite capital ships.
Spell Checker!   The PoWeR tOoL
Click Here For Coolness
Self Proclaimed OPU Help desk.