Poll

Should we change server?

No
6 (37.5%)
Yes
10 (62.5%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Author Topic: Should We Change Server?  (Read 10814 times)

Offline dm-horus

• Banned
Should We Change Server?
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2006, 06:04:57 PM »
Quite right, CK9. A decision was made and put into action. Starting a debate after the fact is pointless and childish and is the basis for the feelings of the admins in this regard. This issue was never meant to be argued about and if you want to then you are welcome in a one on one discussion with the admins. The server change has already happened. Any debate is moot.

Offline Sl0vi

Should We Change Server?
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2006, 06:34:48 PM »
You know, this debate was actually started by an admin.

I wouldn't exactly say the change has happened, more like underway, since the quakenet channels still tend to have more users in them then on the new server.

And why shouldn't this be debated? Hounestly, I don't really trust the admin team as much as I used too, and you guys trying to make decisions without involving the community doesn't make it better.

I still like the new server and think we should change, I just hate the admins attitude at times...
!!!YAY!!!

Offline Mez

Should We Change Server?
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2006, 07:50:57 PM »
Simple solution to the problem.

See who goes onto which server.

In a months time from now we can see how many users are on each server, then if we want to rethink our ideas do it then. Or if someone want to make the point that we shouldn't of switched make it then.

I'm guessing there will be alot of people connected to both servers.

Offline CK9

• Administrator
    • http://www.outpost2.net/~ck9
Should We Change Server?
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2006, 09:11:27 PM »
Either way, the damage is done
CK9 in outpost
Iamck in runescape (yes, I still play...sometimes...)
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...
xdarkinsidex on deviantart

yup, I have too many screen names

Offline Arklon

• Administrator
Should We Change Server?
« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2006, 01:14:38 PM »
We should keep the QuakeNet channel, just in case someone there decides to see if a #Outpost2 on that server (which is very popular) exists, and then they'll get pointed toward OPU.

Offline Leviathan

Should We Change Server?
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2006, 01:27:44 PM »
we have allready said we will keep the quakenet channel but the main channel people should use for chat and playing is on our server.

Offline thablkpanda

Should We Change Server?
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2006, 08:06:41 AM »
Yeah, Yeah.. I'm here.

Quit squabbling. Or Whatever.

Pretty much- this is how it lays down:

Lev (the Admin) starts a post and asks the general opinion. Chris, Horus (the Mod) says it's not to be discussed- and it's already been decided.

Excuse me??

Personally- I feel that it should be left up to the community- whatever we decide. Just the fact that something's available doesn't mean it has to be put to swift and immediate use. I find it pretty insulting that we'd be forced to move if things are fine the way they were.

Not insulting enough to boycott or anything, lol..

I rarely get netsplits when I'm on IRC via Quakenet. Ever. I see other people get them often enough- but that's their perogative to move. I, however feel that we should stick with what we know. I've always been opposed to an individual member holding the community in the palm of their hand, because I was here for the Xfir overthrow. You're giving power now where it never has before- one individual controlling the ENTIRE community- via IRC and Web. I don't like it at all, it's not good business practice to <insert euphemism here that means to invest all your funds in one particular vehicle>!

It's just not safe.

I think the idea that we have memories here and such is a damn good one. I don't think we should be patronized because we have been here long enough to have memories about the things that have 'gone down' in the channels. Really. If you don't feel that way- you've either not been here long enough, or just simply have no feeling towards this community as a whole at all...

I have a lot more to say - but I've got a meeting...

-Chris

Offline thablkpanda

Should We Change Server?
« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2006, 08:46:53 AM »
Well.. this deserves a second post.

I see my resistance was futile ;D.. you guys decided to move anyway.

-Chris

Offline HaXtOr

• http://www.wtfmoogle.com
Should We Change Server?
« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2006, 10:20:22 AM »
hmmm this give me an idea..... we could use the Quakenet server for fun... People are always complaining about useing bots or spamming.... well open up the quakenet server for spamming and bot fun :-)

Offline Sl0vi

Should We Change Server?
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2006, 02:32:16 PM »
I think the idea that we have memories here and such is a damn good one. I don't think we should be patronized because we have been here long enough to have memories about the things that have 'gone down' in the channels. Really. If you don't feel that way- you've either not been here long enough, or just simply have no feeling towards this community as a whole at all...

I have a lot more to say - but I've got a meeting...

-Chris
I'd rather think of it as memories from OPU than memories from Quakenet, and I've been here long enough to remember what has gone down in the channels, and I bloody hell care about this community, I've spendt almost 2 years here already.

Sometimes, you also let old things go to give place for new and perhaps better things, we're still the same community, and we still have the memories. (lots of logs included)

The biggest problem I see with the change is that alot of people have a big distrust in the admins, and with our history that is perfectly rational.
!!!YAY!!!

Offline Leviathan

Should We Change Server?
« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2006, 04:03:39 AM »
The reason i posted the poll was because they moved server with out posting on forum to see what people wanted before hand.