Author Topic: Op1 Mia Mia?  (Read 16742 times)

Offline Wild_Targ

Op1 Mia Mia?
« on: April 01, 2006, 11:03:19 PM »
Just burning with curiosity as to whether there is still a project at some stage for a recoding of OP1.  The webside link referencing such a project is a dummy ( http://www.outpostuniverse.net/opmia.php ) and I don't know where to go for info (other than the IRC ops, whom I try, in general, not to bother).

(((THX)))
Rodents Of Unusual Size?  I don't think they exist.

Offline HaXtOr

• http://www.wtfmoogle.com
Op1 Mia Mia?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2006, 11:26:27 PM »
I was wondering about that too?   are these people still around that started this project?

Offline Wild_Targ

Op1 Mia Mia?
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2006, 11:33:10 PM »
HNBC.  I sent leeor_net a PM via the Forum asking if he needed help coding.  Not that I would understand code written over a decade ago on an apple mainframe server, but I'd really like to know whether the project is moving forward or is dead.

Offline zigzagjoe

Op1 Mia Mia?
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2006, 11:40:56 PM »
project is dead. He left for unspecified reasons a few weeks ago, and requested that his projects be closed and removed. i belive they have been archived.

Offline Wild_Targ

Op1 Mia Mia?
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2006, 11:52:19 PM »
Life happens... say is there a way or place to obtain source code of OP1.5?

Offline zigzagjoe

Op1 Mia Mia?
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2006, 12:51:16 AM »
No.

Offline HaXtOr

• http://www.wtfmoogle.com
Op1 Mia Mia?
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2006, 03:01:36 PM »
Life happens... say is there a way or place to obtain source code of OP1.5?
Im still looking for it, Looking for old programmers of the game to see if they have any snipits of code etc.

Offline BinaryMan

Op1 Mia Mia?
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2007, 05:41:33 AM »
I've started a similar project. I'd like to be a game designer after I finish college in a couple months, but I need something for my portfolio, so I'm tackling this project right now. I am calling it "Neo Outpost" until I can think of a better name. I am open to suggestions for gameplay enhancements.

Right now, some terrain and building graphics are done. Also finished tile selection from the cursor (click = build). Mouseover makes the tile glow with a green border (I don't know why I find that so amusing). It can also scroll the map with arrow keys (no minimap yet, but that was a trivial thing last time I did it).
« Last Edit: January 20, 2007, 05:43:45 AM by BinaryMan »

Offline Leviathan

Op1 Mia Mia?
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2007, 08:57:03 AM »
Welcome BinaryMan! How about coding Outpost 2 instead ? :D

Great to hear and great to have you with us!

Offline BinaryMan

Op1 Mia Mia?
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2007, 03:43:39 PM »
Do you know if anyone is still interested in an OP1 remake?

I tried OP2, but at the time I was RTSed out from Starcraft and other RTS games (Total Annihilation, Warcraft, Command and Conquer) so I never got overly excited about it (I guess I enjoy Sim and City-building games more). I'll give it another look for sure, but mainly I want to fix the issues of OP1 (which is also easier to code as it's not real-time).

Offline Leviathan

Op1 Mia Mia?
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2007, 05:05:14 PM »
I would say more people are interested in OP2 as a game.

But it would be nice to see OP1 with multilayer and more features.

I always liked a good turn based game that lasts a few weeks :)

Offline White Claw

Op1 Mia Mia?
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2007, 07:35:36 PM »
I am interested in an OP1 remake. Quite honestly, most of the push in the forum is to make the game (OP2) more multiplayer (as further evidenced in the post from Lev).

I really like the colony and growth aspects of OP1 & 2. Research, mining, management (the list goes on). I don't mind the attacks from "the other faction", but that's not why I play OP2. There is as much about OP1 that I like as there is OP2 despite the fact that it's not a "Kill 'em" RTS. But I really like the engaging story and campaign of OP2.

My favorite quote is "Extinction is not an option.", not "Wipe them out. All of them..."

BTW BinaryMan - Your screen shot looks pretty sweet.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2007, 07:36:59 PM by White Claw »