Author Topic: Op2 Random Crashes  (Read 1519 times)

Offline Betaray

• Administrator
Op2 Random Crashes
« on: March 22, 2006, 02:57:25 PM »
I remember when I installed op2 from the cd and with just the offical patches it would never crash, and it was mostly like that with the 1.3.3 update as well

but now after I reformatted my computer, I downloaded the 1.3.4 version and now op2 crashes all the time, for simple things like trying to see what the mission objectives are, or somtimes just for random reasions

so if you have a fix for this, please set it so I can download it, if not, im just letting you know the problem
I am the nincompoop, I eat atomic bombs for breakfest, fusion bombs for lunch, and anti-matter bombs for dinner

I just hope they don't explode

Offline Sirbomber

Op2 Random Crashes
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2006, 03:16:56 PM »
Didn't you notice all the "WARNING: OP2 1.3.4 IS STILL BUGGY! DO NOT DOWNLOAD FOR THE TIME BEING!" notices?
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials

Offline Betaray

• Administrator
Op2 Random Crashes
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2006, 03:51:04 PM »
it says they are network bugs, op2 crashes in single player

im not playing multy anyway, just wanted to let you know

« Last Edit: March 22, 2006, 03:52:22 PM by Betaray »
I am the nincompoop, I eat atomic bombs for breakfest, fusion bombs for lunch, and anti-matter bombs for dinner

Offline BlackBox

• Administrator
Op2 Random Crashes
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2006, 07:13:56 AM »
What missions? What file did it cause an 'error' in? Any other details? OS version you're using?

We can't resolve the crash unless you give as much detail as possible. Try to document at least one of the crashes exactly (exactly what you did in the game).

And yes, it's possible 1.3.4 could have issues elsewhere as well. Some of the maps are a bit screwed up.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2006, 07:14:40 AM by op2hacker »

Offline Betaray

• Administrator
Op2 Random Crashes
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2006, 02:56:33 PM »
well it has crashed for both the civil war map, and the post demo (those are the 2 that I played) for the crashes its random, once it was when I was checking the mission objectives, than just now it just randomly crashed

when it crashes, it just freezes, no error message or anything is displayed, the game just stops working