Author Topic: Eve Online  (Read 1442 times)

Offline zigzagjoe

Eve Online
« on: March 10, 2006, 07:19:04 AM »
Anyone here play EVE Online? I'm about to take it for a spin, courtesy of a free 14 day trial from CtrlAltDel!

oh and heres the link: https://secure.eve-online.com/ft/?aid=101200&nogreet=1

Offline HaXtOr

• http://www.wtfmoogle.com
Eve Online
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2006, 10:06:34 AM »
Oh no! dont go to eve!!! you'll loose your mind, house, family, and self dignity...

lol atleast that is what im told ..

"the game is ok, by the people who run it are dicks "
 "Customer support? whats that?"
 "feed back? we dont need that"
"and they lie and they use desptive advertizeing"
my friend dan who is sitting next to me and is a uber gamer freek...
 you may ask why doesnt he play op2? he doesnt like rts games?

Offline Leviathan

Eve Online
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2006, 10:25:53 AM »
lol @ eve

Offline Sl0vi

Eve Online
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2006, 01:37:48 PM »
I did play it, but I discovered it was boring.

If you want to do anything in that game you need isk (money) and making isk is extremely boring. You need to spend hours mining or killing npc's. Killing npc's sux and mining involves you sitting by your comp for hours doing NOTHING! It takes forever getting decent skills.

PVP is suppose to be the best part of the game, unfortunately that's not very true. Everyone in the same system is shown in the local chat, making it impossible to make sneak attacks. If someone runs to a safespot during battle, the only way you can find them is with probes. Which cost money and they are extremely slow, and therefor useless against people that warp between safespots. Then there are log off tactics,  people see you in local and they immediatly log off, making it impossible to catch them.

The only fun is in 0.0, and it's not even that funny in 0.0 really. Oh and the lag is horrible, altho they were supposed to get some new servers or something. In the end, it's a very boring game!
!!!YAY!!!

Offline Betaray

• Administrator
Eve Online
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2006, 02:49:00 PM »
I was going to make a thread just like this one

I got the 14 day free trial from ctrl+alt+del too, (I love that webcomic)

ive got like 5 days left on it, and I have to say I find it fun, but I dont think im going to get a real account if I dont know anyone on it

if I did play eve I think my main goal would be to build a titan, which are worth 10k in real money, so I dont think I would trust anyone on the net nomatter how long Ive known them with that

I would spend months training and constructing this thing, and than it gets swiped from under me and I see it on ebay, not cool

btw if you want to know what im talking about, heres a pic of the scale of the eve ships, the big ones are the titans, compare them to the efil tower in the lower left and corner http://www.eve-files.com/media/12/eve_chart-rmr.jpg

mabe ill play it when I get into college, im going to find out if I am going to MIT tomarrow wish me luck

oh and ive heard that the compony and customer support for eve is the best of any mmorpg, thats one the the many awords it recepved recently in a viewers choice, the catagorys it won were, best compony, best graphics, best pvp, and best game, and I have to say, it swayed me, but my above point remains valid

« Last Edit: March 17, 2006, 02:52:48 PM by Betaray »
I am the nincompoop, I eat atomic bombs for breakfest, fusion bombs for lunch, and anti-matter bombs for dinner

I just hope they don't explode