Author Topic: Comp Problem  (Read 1847 times)

Offline Leviathan

Comp Problem
« on: February 17, 2006, 07:05:38 AM »
Computer wont boot or do anything.

I just replaced a mobo on a computer and gave it a new CPU, attached the headsink to the mobo etc.

I know the hdd and psu and cd drives work fine, the last mobo worked fine but i had to take it out.

when i press the power button the cpu fan goes on for a few seconds then stops. the hdd does not boot up and nor do the cd drives power up.

any ideas?

Offline Leviathan

Comp Problem
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2006, 04:19:27 PM »

Offline Leviathan

Comp Problem
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2006, 04:48:07 PM »
"I got a new mobo and a cpu.

So i put these into a case with a hdd, ram, psu. pluged it in all and pressed power. the cpu fan went on for about 3 secs then went off. the cd drives did nothing. the hdd made one noise then the whole system turns off, well the cpu fan was the only thing runing.

the LED on the mobo is on.

i cant get the comptuer do to anything. its a new mobo and cpu and the system was working with the previous mobo and cpu in.

so i then got this new cpu and put it into another comp to check it out, the comp powered on but nothing happened. so i though the new cpu must be dead.

i put the original working cpu back into this second computer and the computer dosent do anything

i have now have 2 dead comptuers :/

any help or advise thx?"

Offline Mez

Comp Problem
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2006, 05:12:42 PM »
When i had that problem, i switched over to a new PSU and it worked fine.  I think it was a power connector problem.

My symptons were that the fans and hdd cam on for 0.5 of a second before turning off, and teh light on the mobo stayed on.

Offline CK9

• Administrator
    • http://www.outpost2.net/~ck9
Comp Problem
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2006, 06:41:37 PM »
um...are you 100% sure that you hooked all the wires up correctly?  I know some mobos are made dummy-proof, but not all are, and the ports are not always the same between them
CK9 in outpost
Iamck in runescape (yes, I still play...sometimes...)
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...
xdarkinsidex on deviantart

yup, I have too many screen names