Author Topic: Irc Policy & Guideline Issues  (Read 10091 times)

Offline Leviathan

Irc Policy & Guideline Issues
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2006, 05:02:04 AM »
Hacker locking the top was uncalled for but when you read thru it your first thought is that it could just be a flame war or whatevea so he locked it. On second though you relise your mistake. Sometimes and often we have to have a second though about things to see logic.

Anyway

Thx for ur post Panda :) You clearly want more op's in the channel and we have never realy considered it for the reasons i think i allready posted. It sure would work and if more people think its a good idea we very likely will do it.

Like i said, its time for us take a logical second thought about this. And Horus has made us do that :D

Offline Stormy

• http://www.op3game.net
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2006, 04:01:26 PM »
One reason why rules are meant to be broken, is that when you are raising children, they NEED disipline (boundaries, aka rules) so that they don't go overboard. Give them rail guards so that they don't fall off the ledge..... etc

The same thing here, we don't want to look like an anarchy or anything; nor a place where the grip on the community is so tight, people are leaving. I think that we have the right balance of this, although general rules (Example: common sense, etc) need to be put up where they can be seen. I sorta agree with you panda, in #blender, the OPS actually help answer your questions, and it doesn't seem quite like they are watching over your shoulder like your mom when you are a kid "Don't touch that, it may be hot. Don't do this.. Don't do that..." etc. (Not that that is bad, it just can come across to new members that the grip on the community is too tight.).

DM-Horus, no offence, we ALL need to lighten up a bit. I mean, I've overreacted a lot before :lol: .

So, don't take this offensively, I'm purely stating my thoughts.

`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·
3D artist in Blender, MS3D, and Terragen.
Trying to get good with Scene composition and lighting.

Offline thablkpanda

« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2006, 04:04:47 PM »
This is becoming more and more everpresent that we need some sort of democracy. With issues that have arisen recently between commonfolk and the wanna-be royalty here, something needs to be done if the needs of the general public are to be conserved. I understand that this is a private community, but the leaders here need to be fair and balanced in order to keep order. Otherwise a revolt or any other kind of public standoff could be quickly and easily organized. I forewarn the community leaders that one in your midst is extremely astray in some of his activities.

Watch yourselves people.
Chris

Offline Leviathan

« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2006, 04:12:38 PM »
I understand that this is a private community, but the leaders here need to be fair and balanced in order to keep order.
I thought we were?

And its not a private community.

Offline thablkpanda

« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2006, 04:44:25 PM »
Lev- this is a private community. It's run by you, hacker and the other guys who ... run this place. Hence it's a private community, to be moderated at your discretion.

But the discretion of your subordinates is becoming problematic. I suggest it's dealt with. Soon.

Chris

Offline Leviathan

« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2006, 04:59:47 PM »
What should be dealth with soon?

Offline HaXtOr

• http://www.wtfmoogle.com
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2006, 05:04:32 PM »
Hacker locking the top was uncalled for but when you read thru it your first thought is that it could just be a flame war or whatevea so he locked it. On second though you relise your mistake. Sometimes and often we have to have a second though about things to see logic.
Hene my post to remind people not to flame

anyway back on the topic...

I still believe we need the rules written down somewhere in Clear black and white.

Offline Leviathan

« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2006, 05:41:55 PM »
Yea were put em up @ the reunion.

If you wanna talk about any thing else, more input and suggestions go for it:

Offline dm-horus

• Banned
« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2006, 08:26:02 PM »
moogle: like i said in my now infamous thread, outlining the rules isnt going to guarantee obedience. ops/mods who use it as a cureall for every infraction, indicent or situation could become too comfortable using it and actually neglect their responsibility of running opu.

it isnt simply a case of dishing out judgements, you have to listen. the mods/ops are leaders and being a leader means coming first, making the first step, making your plans known and making the right choices preferably BEFORE things crumble.

the rules would be great if i felt that the majority of mods/ops would use it as a tool in their belt instead of as a crutch to take the weight of responsibility.

anyway, thats another story completely. i just hope the rules are used how they should be. We will see.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2006, 08:27:31 PM by dm-horus »

Offline thablkpanda

« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2006, 09:09:06 PM »
Again, mighty Horus has spoken. I've gotta put you on the payroll man....

Digression.

Rules are guidelines, need to be used to help streamline a process, not completely base all judgements upon rules. We could create a PHP script to filter every post that uses certian words, and delete it. We want a physical being that can tell the difference between swearing at someone, and swearing in general (for example). We want the physical human element that has the concience and self control.

That's why we go human.

Robots suck.

Chris

Offline HaXtOr

• http://www.wtfmoogle.com
« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2006, 11:01:07 PM »
Robots suck.
my robots don't suck, they just get all stabby

Offline dm-horus

• Banned
« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2006, 11:29:50 PM »
just make sure to get robot insurance. they run on old people pills. theyll kill you for your codine and demerol.

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2006, 11:45:37 PM »
If every one is pleased that the rules will be posted at the reunion then can this thread be closed?

Offline Leviathan

« Reply #38 on: January 30, 2006, 02:23:39 AM »
thread openened.

post if u have suggestions etc

like do u think regulars geting op's should be done like has been suggested?

anything else?