Author Topic: S.t.a.l.k.e.r.  (Read 6546 times)

Offline Savant 231-A

• https://www.outpost2.net
S.t.a.l.k.e.r.
« on: April 09, 2007, 02:26:59 PM »
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl is set in the Chernobyl exclusion zone which turned from a destiny-breaker place into a threat to all mankind. The Zone is reluctant to open up its mysteries and needs to be forced to do it. It is a rare hero who can reach the very heart of the Zone onto find out what danger awaits him there. ( Hero -> you ) :P

----------
When i first tryed to start the game the error window appeared and sayed me that i don't have enough page-file (virtual memory (You need to have about 2000 mb)) . Afterwards whe I fixed the VM aand options i played the game at lowest difficulty to see how does the game work. And suprisigly, it was not one of the stupid game here you have to slaughter every living person and go on your own. No. You were a stalker, and you could choose your way of life: Fulfill missions or live like a rookie: trading and doing normal jobs, and mostly staying out of danger. The game covers about 20 km2 of Cherobyl area that is in 60% real Chernobyl-area. I read that some people that worked in NPP Chernobyl or lived in Pripyat have a strange deja-vu when playing the game.
-----------
Day-night cycles real-time. At night (voooooo) everything is dark and you bandits or mutants are waiting for you... At day mostly mutants won't be at this much numbers.
There is about 50 different weapons (including the legendary RPG!) which can be very useful each in their way.

And the best part about game are the anomalyes. Vortex, radiation, whirlig... you step in the wrong part of the land and you can float away or die instantly. The funniest of all anomalies is the no-gravity anomaly. When you step on it (don't step on it) you will fly away:
1) not so far
2) moderate far (you will get hurt)
3) very far (you will fall down and die or you will get cought in a propeller of a heli)
------------------------
About every stalker...
Attitude: frindly
neutral
enemy

If you help a Stalker, he will become friendly, but if you wave a weapon in fron of his nose, you will get filled with bullets real fast. And stalkers are not so static. They eat, migrate, play a guitare or just sleep. Even YOU get hungry and have something to eat, or else you are going to starve.
--------------
Radiation is another problem. As one of  the stalkers said: "You can not even pee without protection. You will get a dose of radiation"

Now the radiation is not everywhere so high but it is everywhere in the Zone. The stalkers have mostly in their jackets material that keeps the radiation outside of the body. Radiation can be countered with Anti-rad drugs or Vodka (hicup)
At Garbage area, there is a lot of radiation and you have to carry a lot of vodka or drugs...
----------
Artifacts:
They are valuable or/and can help you.
Sell them to get money
Wear the to be protected.
-------------
Traders:
They have a lot of good goodies. But watch out for fake-traders, their goods suck.

If you are going to play the game, here are some tips:
  • Do not immediatly do the "big" jobs, ask someone for job and ear some money to buy equipement
  • Always talk with other stalkers. They have alot of valuable info and warnings and experience
  • Take everything from bodyes. Check every body you find
  • Do not carry sousage or canned meal. Bread is light-weight and very eatable.
  • Do not carry more that 2 weapons. It will slow you down and burn your stamina.
  • Kill one enemy at time. Do not run into enemy fire, it's GUARANTEED death.
  • Do not help Zombied Stalkers (radiated) it is too late for them. The only thing that you can do to them is to kill them and stop their pain.
  • Always reaspond for distress signals. You will get money and weapons
  • Never drink vodka
My opinion: You should play Stalker.
Gordon Freeman, and mr. Crowbar would own Master Chief in any part of the day.
"Come here citizen."

"From the ashes of the collapse we seek to build a better world for all."

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
S.t.a.l.k.e.r.
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2007, 06:17:02 PM »
this kinda sounds like fall out

Offline Savant 231-A

S.t.a.l.k.e.r.
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2007, 01:00:24 AM »
i didn't play fallout but i have the CD... It sounds amazingly familiar.
"Come here citizen."

Offline Brazilian Fan

S.t.a.l.k.e.r.
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2007, 10:55:01 AM »
Where exactly did you get this game?

Offline dm-horus

• Banned
S.t.a.l.k.e.r.
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2007, 01:11:05 PM »
You should also read this article about S.T.A.L.K.E.R.using unlicensed game content (textures and etc)from DOOM3 and Half-Life 2. Some of the image filenames in the game even refer to enemies from DOOM3!

----------------------------------

EDIT: Merged with previous reply

theyre making a movie based on fallout and will be starring ron perlman, the guy who narrated the opening sequence and cutscenes in fallout 2. its also supposed to have michael dorn who did the voice of Special Agent Frank Horrigan and Marcus the Mutant Sheriff fallout 2.

i just got ahold of fallout tactics and its pretty fun.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2007, 01:11:39 PM by dm-horus »

Offline Savant 231-A

S.t.a.l.k.e.r.
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2007, 02:03:26 PM »
I noticed that there are no females in the game...

ALERT!
In S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is a Time-bug:

When i first turned the game on, i played it about 1 or 1 and a half hours, and it crashed, next time i played it for exactly 1 hour (i know beacuse i had to wait for the football game) and it crashed again. Again i turned it on an i counted the time, and i played for about 30 min until the game crashed. Soon i realized that there is a bug that someone has planted, or just a mistake.

It seems that the latest patch (1.0001) fixes the problem but at the price of your saved games (in other words you can not spare your save games.)

BTW, here are some useful links:

NPP Chernobyl
Zone of Alienation, A.K.A. The Zone
The city of Pripyat
About the Disaster
Satellite View BTW switch to satellite view.

Read however that the Radiation made in 1986 is still in the same number ( the radiation hasn't gone away) in the vicinity and in NPP Chernobyl.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2007, 02:24:26 PM by Savant 231-A »
"Come here citizen."

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
S.t.a.l.k.e.r.
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2007, 12:28:55 AM »
its also supposed to have michael dorn who did the voice of Special Agent Frank Horrigan and Marcus the Mutant Sheriff fallout 2.

Hey, you mean Lr. Commander Worf? Heh, funny how that catches my attention. Some people might say that's a bit... revealing. *Hides recently purchased StarTrek parafernalia*

Offline dm-horus

• Banned
S.t.a.l.k.e.r.
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2007, 01:38:45 AM »
yep its him. and its okay, im a recovering trekkie too. you can never get away from the encyclopedic knowledge you amass over the years even if youre not a fanatic anymore lol

Offline Savant 231-A

S.t.a.l.k.e.r.
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2007, 01:52:05 AM »
theyre making a movie based on fallout and will be starring ron perlman, the guy who narrated the opening sequence and cutscenes in fallout 2. its also supposed to have michael dorn who did the voice of Special Agent Frank Horrigan and Marcus the Mutant Sheriff fallout 2.
There is alredy one made. STALKER was made on this film.

Made in the good ol' 1979.

STALKER (game) is based on elements of Stalker and Roadside Picnic.
"Come here citizen."

Offline dm-horus

• Banned
S.t.a.l.k.e.r.
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2007, 04:42:16 AM »
savant, if you paid any attention to what i said youll see that im not talking about stalker. im talking about fallout 2.

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
S.t.a.l.k.e.r.
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2007, 09:51:59 PM »
Hmm, kinda all blended together to me. Especially since the thread is originally about Stalker. Btw, what does S.T.A.L.K.E.R stand for? If it was in this thread, I've missed it.

Oh, and what's the motivation for these people to stay in a radiation infested area? I mean, why not just leave? Sounds like a good idea if you wanted to live.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2007, 09:52:34 PM by Hooman »

Offline Freeza-CII

• Administrator
S.t.a.l.k.e.r.
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2007, 10:10:31 PM »
to keep warm hooman and its easy to cook ramen noodles ANYWHERE

Offline Savant 231-A

S.t.a.l.k.e.r.
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2007, 04:05:30 AM »
Btw, what does S.T.A.L.K.E.R stand for?
Oh, and what's the motivation for these people to stay in a radiation infested area? I mean, why not just leave? Sounds like a good idea if you wanted to live.

Only the devlopers of the game know what S.T.A.L.K.E.R. means and they don't wanna share it ( *nuke away* ) :P

Now most of the Stalkers have came here by:
1) force (they were hiding from police or military)
2) artefact (the zone is rich for anomalies and ARTEFACTS, a nice place to get rich)
3)  random reasons (like our stalker did, driving in a Death wagon and than ending up alive.)

And why they can't leave?
1) there is a heavy military presence and they can't let anyone in/out. Shoot on sight
2) you try to pass dangerous mutants
3) outside of the zone spetznas and heli are driving to prevent stalkers to get in/out.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2007, 04:06:19 AM by Savant 231-A »
"Come here citizen."

Offline Arklon

• Administrator
S.t.a.l.k.e.r.
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2007, 06:25:21 PM »
Btw, what does S.T.A.L.K.E.R stand for?

Only the devlopers of the game know what S.T.A.L.K.E.R. means and they don't wanna share it ( *nuke away* ) :P
"Scavenger, Trespasser, Adventurer, Loner, Killer, Explorer and Robber", apparently. No, this isn't a joke, but I'm sure you're laughing anyway.

You should also read this article about S.T.A.L.K.E.R.using unlicensed game content (textures and etc)from DOOM3 and Half-Life 2. Some of the image filenames in the game even refer to enemies from DOOM3!
No, those textures were from a commercial texture pack that Valve, ID, and GSC GameWorld all coincidentally licensed.

Offline Savant 231-A

S.t.a.l.k.e.r.
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2007, 12:42:11 PM »
The guy you need to kill: Strelok, is actually you!

I just got that on my mind, beacuse it is soo strange. Where he was (when i played) i was there.

And i read on a FAQ, that Strelok is you. (it is writen, but with white letter so you can't see it. Type down Strelok in the "Find in this page"

Anyways. I came to the underground bunker, passed the first door, found the code for the 2nd door, and some Psi-mutant is f****** with my head. The screen goes red, and the charachter is having a headache. and at the end i turn into a zombie. :(
Bad.
The game is hard.

"Come here citizen."

Offline Ro@m

S.t.a.l.k.e.r.
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2007, 03:33:49 PM »
I just came to f**k up the ending when i ge tinto the NPP and get into a room i can't get out.....
There i stopped playing....
Survival is just the beginning.

Offline Savant 231-A

S.t.a.l.k.e.r.
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2008, 05:24:56 AM »
I can wait for Stalker Clear Sky :D

Although I don't think my computer can run it perfectly, I would still like to play it :)

The tech review has been posted on steam just a few days ago. It's preferable to watch
"Come here citizen."

Offline fire team zu

S.t.a.l.k.e.r.
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2009, 08:53:07 AM »
i make mods for this (gives you best items at start mods are my specialiaty)
Start The Protest

No
More
GFWL
Who Ever Invented It Should Die
The Differance between a good game and a bad game is windows vista

IM GONNA BAN YOU SO HARD YOULL BE STUCK IN OUTPOST 2    (fave saying to noob people in source games)

Offline Hidiot

S.t.a.l.k.e.r.
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2009, 09:53:11 AM »
Necro for which I, personally, would not excuse you from.
"Nothing from nowhere, I'm no one at all"

Offline Spikerocks101

S.t.a.l.k.e.r.
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2009, 05:49:00 AM »
how does he even find these posts XD
I AM YOUR PET ROCK!!!!!!

Offline fire team zu

S.t.a.l.k.e.r.
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2009, 09:27:20 PM »
ME lol easy i post in alot if i see it has soem pepople but yes i do make mods
like a ssv vintorez in start thats FUN when you attack the army base near you XD
i think stalker was releaced to early needs lot more work
Start The Protest

No
More
GFWL
Who Ever Invented It Should Die
The Differance between a good game and a bad game is windows vista

IM GONNA BAN YOU SO HARD YOULL BE STUCK IN OUTPOST 2    (fave saying to noob people in source games)