Author Topic: I'm Thinking Of An Op2 Thing...  (Read 3531 times)

Offline Sirbomber

I'm Thinking Of An Op2 Thing...
« on: December 27, 2005, 07:13:33 PM »
In case you couldn't tell, I've been thinking, which is never a good thing. This time I was thinking about grape jelly, shiny things, asphalt, and something that you'll actually care about:
"What if after OP2, there was some horrible disaster that wiped out the new colony? What if the survivors were waiting for death? What if they managed to build a time machine and send a team back to New Terra to destroy Eden's Advanced Labs before they could destroy New Terra with the Blight? What if something went horribly, horribly wrong?"
And here is the answer to that question, which is in turn a question:
"What if the attack team was somehow destroyed, and Eden and Plymouth both somehow got advanced technology? What if they both retaliated against each other?"
And the answer to those questions could be a series of maps (maybe even a mod) for OP2. But that would rely on me being able to get a bunch of people together who want to do this, (maybe) finding someway to mod OP2_ART (since Eden/Plymouth would [probably] have future technology by the time you [the commander] stepped in), and probably some other stuff.
But the most important question of all is:
"If this happened, and it had some title like OP2: Fill in later,  would any OPU person(s) enjoy it?"
So, uh yeah... Consider this a possibility and tell me what you think and if people like it I'll... "volunteer" (draft) people for it...  ;)  
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials

Offline zanco

« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2005, 05:43:35 PM »
:blink: :blink:
Well, you were right on this:
In case you couldn't tell, I've been thinking, which is never a good thing

No, I am just kidding. It's a good story... it could be good continuation, but I don't know if people are really going to enjoy it as a game... The only thing I can say is that it is definitly a good idea as for a crazy sci-fi story :D,  but about turning it into a game... I am not sure.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2005, 05:44:00 PM by zanco »
if anyone finds and communicate to us that which thus far has eluded our efforts, great will be our gratitude.
          Jakob Bernouilli

"Zanco`, n00b o' The Flares"

op2rules

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2006, 06:28:48 PM »
I think it would be cool, but not worth the effort, you could probably do way better things with your time ( op2 related) than that. Maybe it would be better if it was just a story? :huh:  

Offline Chevy_Camaro

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2006, 08:21:04 PM »
or how about eden makes a time machine and gives the adv lab team a time machine so they can keep re-doing their experiments till it works right and New Terra actually becomes a new terra ;)... cept where plymouth lives since they dont want it.

Offline plymoth45

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2006, 10:16:40 AM »
meh, call me weird and unique, but I like the idea. Unfortunantly, I don't have the modding skills, etc.

Offline spirit1flyer

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2006, 11:12:17 AM »
and we even have the green world tiles so they can fit right in with that
"Until you stalk and overrun You can't devour anyone"

Loyal Xfir supporter

Offline Sirbomber

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2006, 01:38:54 PM »
or how about eden makes a time machine and gives the adv lab team a time machine so they can keep re-doing their experiments till it works right and New Terra actually becomes a new terra ;)... cept where plymouth lives since they dont want it.
Wow.... That's way better than what I thought of. And yes, it'd be nice with the Greenworld tileset.

So consider youreslves "volunteered" until further notice.
But if I ever get around to this, it won't be for awhile because I realized I had things I wanted to do years ago that I never finished and now I will finish ALL of them!

In other words, this will be the 78th thing I do. If I get around to it.
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials