Author Topic: Buildings In Colony Wars  (Read 4369 times)

Offline Leviathan

Buildings In Colony Wars
« on: November 27, 2005, 11:37:36 AM »
My idea in OPCW is that the colonies developed a design for a large super strucutre hull which would hold the various building types. These would have about 6 stories or somthing. I would like Stormy to design one in 3d at some point. These would be about 5x5 squares big in op2 or somthing. Anyway each building in OPCW takes up 1 land unit. You need blank land to build more buildings on.

Ok, building list:
Command Center - Contains all that Command Center stuff. Controls a set amount of buildings, you must get more Command Center's when you want more buildings.
Factory Structure - Contains all that Structure Factory stuff.
Factory Vehicle - Contains all that Structure Factory stuff.
Agridome - Contains all that Agridome food produceing and storeing stuff.
Residence - Contains houseing and morale stuff to keep colonists happy.
Robo Command Center - Contains all that Robo Command Center stuff. You require one for a set amount of units, if you want more units you must get more Robo Command Centers
Garage - Contains all that Garage stuff. Repairs units after battle and attacks.
university - Contains all that university stuff. Auto trains children to workers. Trains workers to scientists when you tell it.
Nursery - Contains all that Nursery stuff. Produces a set amount of children.
Lab 1 - Basic Lab
Lab 2 - Standard Lab
Lab 3 - Advanced Lab
Lab 4 - Another Lab?
Lab 5 - Yet Another Lab??
Tokamak - Power
MHD Gen - Power
Solar Power Array - Power
Trade (trucks) - Trade center where cargo trucks can be loaded up and unloaded.
Trade (ships) - Trade center where transport ships can be loaded up and unloaded.
Common Ore Mine - Contains mine, smelters and storage.
Rare Ore Mine -  Contains mine, smelters and storage.
Common Storage - Common Storage
Rare Storage - Rare Storage
Missile Defence - Contains observatory and missile defence.
Spaceport - Contains all that Spaceport stuff.
Missile Pad - Spaceport which can just produce and hold missiles, more storage than the Spaceport.

Want any more buildings?

I was thinking if you have spy sattlies and set them to spy on a player you cant see what type of buildings the player has, just the number of buildings. Well you would be able to see the difference in some of the buildings, Eg power plants and a few others. But a lot of them would look the same on the outside because of the super strucutre hull.

Offline lordly_dragon

Buildings In Colony Wars
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2005, 02:37:24 PM »
yea this sound good

but we should also list the technologie required for each building example the vehicle fact need cybernetic teleoperation and so one the adv lab need somekind of research (i dont remember i think its training program) and the normal lab need the 6 basic research)  

Running, scrambling, flying
Rolling, turning, diving, going in again
Run, live to fly, fly to live, do or die
Run, live to fly, fly to live. Aces high.

Offline Betaray

• Administrator
Buildings In Colony Wars
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2005, 02:53:39 PM »
so the mine and smelter have been combined into one, it defonatly simplafy things

so what do you propose to have in the lvl 4 and 5 labs? advanced space and weppon tech? like the lvl 4 would allow you to make the transport ships to invade other planets?

lvl 5 would be such high tech stuff as mabe forcefields and space coloney stuff?
I am the nincompoop, I eat atomic bombs for breakfest, fusion bombs for lunch, and anti-matter bombs for dinner

I just hope they don't explode

Offline Leviathan

Buildings In Colony Wars
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2005, 03:43:32 PM »
My current ideas where spaceport lab and a uber lab like i said on irc ^^.

Not thought about what kinda tech could be done yet. But missiles would be researched in the spaceport lab.

Offline Eddy-B

• http://www.eddy-b.com
Buildings In Colony Wars
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2005, 06:09:57 PM »
Basic Lab ................ the usual stuff

Biogenics Lab ......... any biological and genetical research (medcenters, nursery etc)
Cybernetics Lab ..... all robotics and war research (including all weaponry & chassis, garage etc)
Terralogical Lab ...... research devoted to New Terra specific (disaster warnings, ore reclamation, metallogeny etc)
Psycho-Lab ............. all human-specific research (leisure studies, hypnopaedia, research training etc)
Space-Lab .............. all space-oriented research (including meteor defense)
Rule #1:  Eddy is always right
Rule #2: If you think he's wrong, see rule #1
--------------------

Outpost : Renegades - Eddy-B.com - Electronics Pit[/siz

Offline Leviathan

Buildings In Colony Wars
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2005, 06:11:18 PM »
Nice ideas :D

Well you are gonna have a lot of scientis's in colony wars and lot of research going on at once so mayb more labs is good.

Offline Eddy-B

• http://www.eddy-b.com
Buildings In Colony Wars
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2005, 06:13:08 PM »
thanx .. took me 10 mins to create all those names.. so USE them!
Rule #1:  Eddy is always right
Rule #2: If you think he's wrong, see rule #1
--------------------

Outpost : Renegades - Eddy-B.com - Electronics Pit[/siz

Offline Betaray

• Administrator
Buildings In Colony Wars
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2005, 06:16:34 PM »
the more labs and reshurch the better, people will be playing this game for months at a time, we dont want it to get old
I am the nincompoop, I eat atomic bombs for breakfest, fusion bombs for lunch, and anti-matter bombs for dinner

I just hope they don't explode

Offline dm-horus

• Banned
Buildings In Colony Wars
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2005, 04:51:32 PM »
I have to say that this sounds a lot like the Lunar Corporation faction in Earth 2160. All their buildings start off as a base structure upon which all others are built. A power plant module is constructed and placed on top of the base support. A production module on top of that, defense module on top of that, etc... If a module is destroyed with another module on top, the modules above collapse damaging those below. If the bottom structure (support base module) is destroyed, the entire tower topples over and is destroyed. Each module is connected to the others and if more power is required (for example), another base module is built and additional power plant modules built on top of it. This also lets you build specialized towers: one is entirely solar collectors, another one purely for storage, and yet another is stacked with nothing but defensive modules and is used as a massive defense tower. There may be no more than 4 modules stacked upon eachother, but certain modules may be placed on top of this to make a total of 5 modules. special modules like high research facilities, special attack module, and aircraft module can be built on the very top as they are designed so that nothing more may be built above them. This would make sense for adv labs as you would rather have the top module explode than one in the middle, taking out half the tower. research, production, power generation stack just like in op2. you want to research faster? make another tower and build another lab. the pitfall is that once you build a module that doesnt allow any others to be built on top of it you are stuck with the tower in that configuration. in e2160, the modules can fly so you can move a module to another tower while you build the modules you want before flying the lab back to the top of the stack. in cw, i doubt you could do that since theres nothing in the story suggesting that structures can fly :P

Offline Leviathan

Buildings In Colony Wars
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2005, 04:54:35 PM »
well ive never played earth 2160.

ill be sticking to one super strucutre hull contains one building type.