Author Topic: My Saved Game  (Read 1718 times)

Offline spirit1flyer

My Saved Game
« on: November 26, 2005, 10:56:59 PM »
this is for someone who just wants to stomp a computer without having to build a base first.

btw,   Does anyone know the max amount of people you can get?

spirit
"Until you stalk and overrun You can't devour anyone"

Loyal Xfir supporter

Offline Betaray

• Administrator
My Saved Game
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2005, 10:58:39 PM »
I beleave a little over 2000, not because of a pop limit, but a building limit, you cant build enough agradomes to feed much more than 2000 people
I am the nincompoop, I eat atomic bombs for breakfest, fusion bombs for lunch, and anti-matter bombs for dinner

I just hope they don't explode

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
My Saved Game
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2005, 11:26:16 PM »
There isn't much in the way of a max amount of people. Internally the game uses a 4 byte int. So you could theoretically have up to 4,294,967,295 people. Although, I wouldn't be surprised if some of the formulas used in the game start breaknig down before then due to rounding or overflow errors. When you set a player to an AI, they get a fixed amount that's fairly large. (I can't remember the value anymore, but it was something like 16384 or 65536). At any rate, it's large enough to not really be an issue other than feeding them. (But AI players don't have to feed their people).

Edit: Correction. That's not "people", that's kids, workers, or scientists taken individually. So 4,294,967,295 kids, or 4,294,967,295 workers, or 4,294,967,295 scientists. But if your total pop grows over that, overflow error should cause a value less than that to be reported for your total population.

« Last Edit: November 26, 2005, 11:28:32 PM by Hooman »

Offline Betaray

• Administrator
My Saved Game
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2005, 11:42:25 PM »
I should just try that out by making it so morale and food production are infonate, just to see how high it goes
I am the nincompoop, I eat atomic bombs for breakfest, fusion bombs for lunch, and anti-matter bombs for dinner

I just hope they don't explode

Offline spirit1flyer

My Saved Game
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2005, 11:56:06 PM »
well I reloaded my game after uploading it and I found out I could not make anymore buildings? can one of you who downloaded this saved game tell me if its a building limit or a error.

I still killed the AI though  :P  
"Until you stalk and overrun You can't devour anyone"

Loyal Xfir supporter