Author Topic: Do Any Projects Need A Sound Track?  (Read 3863 times)

Offline dm-horus

• Banned
Do Any Projects Need A Sound Track?
« on: November 13, 2005, 10:30:42 AM »
I was involved in a game project a few years back when I was in contact with a guy who made excellent music for the game. It was electronic, had a dark ambience and could go to an almost "dance" type tempo for fast-paced sequences. Since then, the guy has his own band and is fairly popular in germany and his repitoire has evolved substantially to include industrial, and classical tones. What if i said i could get us free, professional quality music for some of these projects? Mind you, Im only going to ask him to work with me on projects that have the highest likelihood of completion.

Offline Leviathan

« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2005, 11:34:50 AM »
I might call you at some point :)

Offline Betaray

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2005, 12:03:54 PM »
that would be great, I bet most people doing sequels thought about just using the op2 soundtrack, but a new one would rock!!
I am the nincompoop, I eat atomic bombs for breakfest, fusion bombs for lunch, and anti-matter bombs for dinner

I just hope they don't explode

Offline dm-horus

• Banned
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2005, 12:44:46 PM »
id give links to free mp3s from the previous project but it seems those files arent on the ftp anymore. the site is up but hasnt been updated since '03... ill keep hunting. but if i do find urls keep in mind that it was some of his early work. i cant even compare it to what he's doing now.  

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2005, 06:07:41 PM »
Sounds kinda cool. Although, I have to ask, does the music fit an Outpost type of theme?

Offline leeor_net

• Administrator
  • OPHD Lead Developer
    • LairWorks Entertainment
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2005, 06:23:21 PM »
Well, I had thought to use OP2's soundtrack as a filler until a new soundtrack could be found. Well, I have a couple of people who are writting the new soundtrack as I type this so OP3/OP:MIA's sound tracks should be pretty good...  (thumbsup)  

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2005, 06:41:08 PM »
Any details about how or where you're getting this music from?  (thumbsup)  

Offline dm-horus

• Banned
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2005, 06:12:37 AM »
Gent by the name of Stefan Poiss. He developed music for an open-source project called Parsec. He created the entire soundtrack single-handedly about 3 years ago. Since then he has founded a band called Mind In A Box which is roughly the equivalent of Enigma in Germany. Ive heard a few demos from his newest compilations and theyre closer to what I would consider what we would be looking for. Id like to see how he can apply his talents toward game music again after he's had a few years to refine himself. In the past, he was able to work within guidelines (Id like it to sound like this...) so Im sure he could come up with something that would mesh with OP2's music. I'm in contact with him but he seems to be on tour and email responses to my queries are coming in slowly. Ill keep everyone appraised.