Author Topic: Funny Opu/op2 Stories  (Read 1836 times)

Offline dm-horus

• Banned
Funny Opu/op2 Stories
« on: December 14, 2005, 07:22:52 AM »
Does anyone have any interesting, funny or humorous stories related to OP2 or OPU? If so, let me know and if its good enough it might get worked into a special suprise! ;)

... Seriously!!!

Offline Leviathan

Funny Opu/op2 Stories
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2005, 08:39:40 AM »
there hav been many good times on irc :o

Offline CK9

• Administrator
    • http://www.outpost2.net/~ck9
Funny Opu/op2 Stories
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2005, 10:39:01 AM »
I have one that's funny 'cause I was stupid.  I was planning on doing a space race against someone, had it all set up and everything.  I got someone to play against me and I was far ahead in the space program research.  Right before I launched the evacuation modual, I said god game, and clicked.  they llaunched and nothing.  So here I am with no scientists, 5 workers, 6 children, and a rather large colony (I had built it up with metal storage facilities) going, WTF!?  Then I open the mission objedctives menu and realize that I forgot to change the game type on the setup menu
CK9 in outpost
Iamck in runescape (yes, I still play...sometimes...)
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...
xdarkinsidex on deviantart

yup, I have too many screen names

Offline Tellaris

Funny Opu/op2 Stories
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2005, 02:03:25 PM »
If you have more then like 75-100 (I forget the exact quantity) of scientists, you still get to live.

A most interresting little bug I found, was bulldozeing a  bit of land between a smelter and a mine, that had a tube down the middle
Robo dozer tried to move into a spot occupied by a cargotruch, to doze, and just started dozing where it was.
Coincidently, that point was ontop of a tube.   The tube was totally removed, but the smelters at the other end remained active (Idleing them and reactivating them failed to start them again.   So I think there is no check for tube completeness except for activation.)
Spell Checker!   The PoWeR tOoL
Click Here For Coolness
Self Proclaimed OPU Help desk.

Offline CK9

• Administrator
    • http://www.outpost2.net/~ck9
Funny Opu/op2 Stories
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2005, 02:19:33 PM »
no, it just was an invalid tube disconnect.  I had that happen in single player to me and multiplayer to someone else (I had to point it out to them, they hadn't noticed).  I used to have a screenshot of it
CK9 in outpost
Iamck in runescape (yes, I still play...sometimes...)
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...
xdarkinsidex on deviantart

yup, I have too many screen names

Offline Sirbomber

Funny Opu/op2 Stories
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2005, 06:19:34 PM »
Just yesterday I convinced Zhukant that clicking buildings a lot makes them build and research faster.
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials

Offline Betaray

• Administrator
Funny Opu/op2 Stories
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2005, 06:28:40 PM »
lol, thats the oldest fake op2 trick in the book lol
I am the nincompoop, I eat atomic bombs for breakfest, fusion bombs for lunch, and anti-matter bombs for dinner

I just hope they don't explode

Offline dm-horus

• Banned
Funny Opu/op2 Stories
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2005, 06:06:13 AM »
c'mon guys, more.

Offline Highlander

• Outpost 2 Elder
Funny Opu/op2 Stories
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2005, 02:31:27 PM »
Back on WON, me and a friend played together vs two (almost complete) noobs. I wasn't very good at the time, and neither were my friend, but we where pretty much atop these guys in a 2 vs 2, mark 500 game on La Corrida.

The first of our oppnent did have some clue however and before the attack mark was reached he produced quite a few lynx'es.. and even sent some to his allie, who had none. Obviously the 2 of them didn't consider staying on team chat, and when the first started sending the other some lynx'es the other started complaining and blew them up, basicly screaming he didn't want ANY help. However he was left with 4 laser lynxes.

So when AM was up, me and my friend each had an army of thors rolling towards the guy who actually produced the lynxes. However, we forgot that the other one had 4 lasers. So, when we had our fun killing off the first guys base, the second noob actually managed to send his 4 lasers into my friends base and took out his structure factory and agridomes, all the while laughing about a great revenge and that we both would die. Because of the buildings lay-out my friends base was mostly disabled, and as I tried to kill off the noobs lynx he blew them up aswell.

So, me and my friend then decide he should have the honor of killing the second noob, and as his army advanced, noob number 2 said this. "No please don't kill me. Lets all be friends and live in peace.... or I'll kill you all"
Needless to say, he blew up his base and quit as my friend blew up his first building.

Was kinda funny when it happened, but I doubt it'll look as funny here.
There can be Only one. Wipe Them out. All of Them.

Old player still playing. Visit Spark for a game of Outpost 2

Offline Martynd

Funny Opu/op2 Stories
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2005, 03:05:55 PM »
When my clan leader dissapeared, then a few weeks later a new clan appeared with a similar naming style, he denied it was him till i made a new account and tricked him into admitting it.. hah