Author Topic: Worldmap Rules  (Read 2540 times)

Offline leeor_net

• Administrator
  • OPHD Lead Developer
    • LairWorks Entertainment
Worldmap Rules
« on: September 03, 2005, 01:20:10 PM »
While the WorldMap function of OPUTool is meant for everybody to use, there are certain actions that constitute abuse of its functionality.

1.) First and foremost, pins such as "Swimmer" and "Penguine" are not acceptable. These pins will be removed as soon as they are discovered. Removing them and uploading the fixed Pin List is typically a pain in the ass so I ask that you please not create them.

2.) Offensive language and/or usernames are not permitted. While this has not yet happened I believe that sooner or later someone will have the bright idea to do so.

3.) While the idea behind sticking a pin in the WorldMap is to show others where you are generally located in the world, this is an optional use. Yes, you can stick pins in somewhere that you are not but it then defeats the purpose of the WorldMap. Keep that in mind.

4.) Do not flood the WorldMap with more than one of your own pin or meaningless pins. It will result in either the Pin List being purged and everyone losing their pin or will result in the WorldMap being entirely removed from OPUTool alltogether.

These are simple things to ask and for me constitute a respect for the OPU as well as for me as an individual. Please heed my advice.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2005, 08:29:31 PM by leeor_net »