Author Topic: What Is Op3:np?  (Read 16565 times)

Offline leeor_net

• Administrator
  • OPHD Lead Developer
    • LairWorks Entertainment
What Is Op3:np?
« on: July 28, 2005, 10:11:06 AM »
I've looked through just about every thread on this forum and the 'website' for OP3:NP, but I'm still unclear about what it's supposed to be.

Is it an add-on pack for OP2? Is it a stand alone 2D game? Is it something entirely different?

I'm assuming it'll be a real-time stratgey game. How is it going to be developed when the time comes? Will the website every see an update?

Offline zigzagjoe

« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2005, 10:44:07 AM »
It looks like it was one of the OP3s that never materialized. It doesn't look like any code was written or even started. Looks like another one for the archives.

Offline leeor_net

• Administrator
  • OPHD Lead Developer
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2005, 01:06:40 PM »
Archives... <sigh> That's the way everything goes I guess.

(I'm beginning to think that I'm being a little depressed about things. Oh well, today's has been a really lousy day. Couldn't sleep all night, got to work and was told off by the SECRATARY of all people about being 'late' and stealing company time. I'll tell you, signing yourself in 30 minuts early and leaving 30 minuts before you've signed out is more than just being a little late. If it wasn't for me this damn company would be 6 feet under already!).... um... oh well...

Offline Sirbomber

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2005, 06:51:59 PM »
Outpost 3 is like the alleged "Starcraft 2". They'll come out when we pry them from somebody's cold dead fingers. Or if people with the proper resources would work on the darn thing...  :angry:  
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials

Offline thablkpanda

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2005, 10:37:06 PM »
Sorry to hear about your day leeor-

Part of the reason I decided to Administrate my father's business, opposed to joining the 'blue collar' workforce, is to avoid problems like the ones you have. I suppose you'd put me in the category of the people 'causing those problems'. :D

Agreed- sounds like one for the archives :D.

Panda
Merchant Enterprises

Offline Stormy

• http://www.op3game.net
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2005, 10:43:39 PM »
Yep, unless the person who started it comes back to finish what they started. :)

I guess this one is gone until the 'Creator' of the game comes back. Good Luck (the creator) if you're reading this ;)
« Last Edit: October 07, 2005, 10:43:59 PM by Stormy »
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·
3D artist in Blender, MS3D, and Terragen.
Trying to get good with Scene composition and lighting.

Offline Sirbomber

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2005, 07:07:17 AM »
Until then though, let's all concentrate our efforts on the ones currently "in-production".
So let's go... now... go! Stop reading this!  :ph34r:  
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials

Offline leeor_net

• Administrator
  • OPHD Lead Developer
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2005, 12:55:18 PM »
Stop reading this!

But I don't wanna!

Oh well... Another one bites the dust.

Offline Leviathan

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2005, 01:00:27 PM »
Why did he even start the project if he didnt plan on making it or finishing it.