Author Topic: Project Update  (Read 2997 times)

Offline leeor_net

• Administrator
  • OPHD Lead Developer
    • LairWorks Entertainment
Project Update
« on: June 04, 2005, 01:54:50 AM »
OP:MIA has continued development and is still slowly on its way to a complete demo.

I had made promises of a demonstration game earlier this year but produced nothing. This was due to several reasons:
  • I moved to a new apartment
  • I had little free time
  • Lack of inspiration
  • Health emergency with one of my birds
  • Development machine died
Yeah, the machine that OP:MIA was being developed on died. Sort of... the optical drives failed, the on-board sound failed, the network failed and I think the processor is on its last legs (this has been a problem since the PSU caught fire). There was an electrical storm... not much more needs to be said.

The HDD's are fine it's now just a matter of finding the time to remove them and rebuild the machine.

However, in the mean time, I have this computer which is out in the living room. Works very well, has a flat-panel screen, great video card and has a whole lot of room for development.

Getting to the point, I want to release a demo of OP:MIA. But I think it would be more beneficial to release a working demo rather than a graphic engine demonstration. I want to release a game that is not yet complete but give a really good feel to what the final product will actually be (note Outpost2 and Quake3Arena pre-release demos). Yeah... that kind of calibur.

When will it be done? I haven't got the slightest. I just have to get through everything and take each element of the game one at a time.

Thanks for the patience and support.

:op2: Leeor Dicker