Author Topic: New To Multiplayer  (Read 2680 times)

Offline Leviathan

New To Multiplayer
« on: April 11, 2005, 07:55:14 AM »
There have been quite a few new players over the last weekend on IRC and new players before that.

I suggest you take a look at a guide here.

To start off what is importiant in multiplayer is your build and researsh order. You need to learn a standard one, once you happy with that you can learn variations.

I suggest you take a look at a video of me playing to get some tips, gohere.

So do you have any questions at geting good at multiplayer ?? How can I help ??

Iownyouhard

New To Multiplayer
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2006, 09:00:41 AM »
How do I get some multiplayer game play in.  I am not quite sure how to get on the server or even how to play someone else. The list says internet but it needs an IP.  May I am going about it all wrong but would you tell me how to start a game with someone else.

Offline Mcshay

• Administrator
New To Multiplayer
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2006, 01:49:52 PM »
First, you need to get on the irc: http://www.outpostuniverse.net/irc.php

Then, you need to set up your computer to play op2 games. If you have a router you will need to forward port 47800 to join games and the range 47776 - 47807 to host games. Or you could download Hamatchi. It's a program that creates a virtual server that works around routers. NOTE: you can only play with people using ham if you are using ham. Also, ham does NOT work for windows 95, 98, or Me.

If your lucky, and don't have a router, you should be able to play right off the bat.

Offline Sirbomber

New To Multiplayer
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2006, 01:54:03 PM »
There isn't a server to connect to; WON went down 5-6 years ago. Yeah, do what Mcshay said.
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials