Author Topic: Outpost 3D  (Read 10830 times)

Offline novamxd

Outpost 3D
« on: March 16, 2005, 12:09:04 AM »
Well i've noticed many ppl trying to build their own versions of outpost 3. So i thought i'd give it a shot :). And so far, i've decided to use a 3D game engine which now requires me to learn how to use this dang program (3D studio 7) do build models :S. Well on top of my many other projects i need to complete. So hopefully in a few months i'll have started actually designing models and building the game :). If anyone has suggestions for models, concept art, so on, maybe even a story line, I will gladly place your name in the list of credits on who helped build the game :).

Offline Leviathan

Outpost 3D
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2005, 06:07:14 AM »
Hey i sow you on IRC.
I wish you the best of luck and i hope your up to it.

Hopefully we can help you with 3d models using 3ds max 6/7...

Offline novamxd

Outpost 3D
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2005, 09:48:00 PM »
Hey thanks! I've been reading the tutorials and it seems pretty easy to follow. Once i get the 3D models down I should be able to start building the maps soon.  

Offline it2000us

Outpost 3D
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2005, 11:06:26 PM »
Maps? models? what about the 3d engine, i think thats what u should be worying about rite now not the maps.

Offline Leviathan

Outpost 3D
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2005, 04:42:26 AM »
Right.
Are u using a allready done engin or making your own?
What language?

Offline coolzero

• http://www.trippyac.com
Outpost 3D
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2005, 11:08:29 AM »
i know i cant do a lot but if you ever need anything thats just so freaking little or takes a lot of time but any noob can do it ill do it (i probebly have the most time of all of you but somethimes i cant do anything)

btw story line i got something in mind it goes kinda like this..

after eden leaves the planet (or plymoth depends on what mission you are playing) you will start of at the point where the remaining colony is stranded the big line is that eden wasnt the one ho created the blight but some creatures called ... ( havend thought up a good name yet) did and they have been trying 2 capture it. they were close but cous of eden microbe it found a way to repruduce it self at a way faster speed. now the colonly remaining and the ... go to their space ships and go to the some GUGE planet where the other colony has gone to the other colony took the blight with it so thats way you can leave. on that planet you start of with being aly with the new ppl but it turns out in a lot of conflict and again the blight will be there ....

there might be some mistakes in the story that will conflict with the normal op2 story but hell ho cares and if you do care you should always be abble to chance it so that it doesnt conflict anymore.
whel that was the story i thought up dunno if you like it btw realy cool that you will make a op3
becous havning my signature 5720 characters long or so is a little crazy and hacker would prob del my signature again i diseded to make a pic of it ... this is acualy my name in letters highlighted. i just took a ss  :D

Offline leeor_net

• Administrator
  • OPHD Lead Developer
    • LairWorks Entertainment
Outpost 3D
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2005, 01:00:05 AM »
Hey. Are you still working on this or is it another 'dead' project?

Offline leeor_net

• Administrator
  • OPHD Lead Developer
    • LairWorks Entertainment
Outpost 3D
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2005, 01:02:00 PM »
Yeah, this project died as well. Hmmm... so many people want to do 3D stuff, maybe I should just write a 3D RTS engine and some tools and hand it to people to work with. I wonder...

Offline omagaalpha

Outpost 3D
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2005, 04:35:39 PM »
LOL yea hehehe I like some own 3d game just learned how 3d and need of patience becasue tendence to stop work stuff with before I completying them.
but think folder on board place projects that are dead :P
« Last Edit: August 12, 2005, 04:36:56 PM by omagaalpha »
Sorry if my grammar and spelling is bad, but I have disablity with it.
Yes, English is the first and only language that I know.