Author Topic: New Colony Game  (Read 41592 times)

Offline Sirbomber

New Colony Game
« Reply #75 on: July 13, 2007, 08:57:43 AM »
Mark 200, 450, and 600? Maybe for easy.
Besides, I don't want to see how long I can survive against an AI.
I want the AI to defend against me.
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Outpost 2 Coding 101 Tutorials

Offline 7842303

New Colony Game
« Reply #76 on: September 24, 2007, 05:45:42 PM »
cool that would be awsome.  i was thinking some thing like a endless game and the ai starts out with panthers and you have to resurch nurserys and univeritys still and they could attack every 250 time mark. how long is a time mark any ways :blush:  
onword to battle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
unless your tired, of cource

Offline Psudomorph

New Colony Game
« Reply #77 on: September 24, 2007, 07:15:10 PM »
how long is a time mark any ways
For me a mark is about 6 seconds on speed 5.

Open the communications panel (picture that looks like a satellite dish) and it will show you the current mark. You can time it's advancement for yourself.

Offline Hooman

• Administrator
New Colony Game
« Reply #78 on: September 25, 2007, 02:09:17 AM »
There are 100 ticks in a time mark. Each tick is processed every so many milliseconds based on the game speed. There are (gameSpeed * 4) ticks per second. That is, the time interval in milliseconds between processing ticks is 1000 / (gameSpeed * 4). So at speed 10, that's 10 * 4 = 40 ticks per second, or 1000 / (10 * 4) = 1000 / 40 = 25 milliseconds between ticks.

Or maybe more to the point of your question, 1 time mark at the max speed takes 2.5s. (40 ticks/s * 2.5s = 100 ticks = 1 mark).

And to be nice and general about this, (1 s / (gameSpeed * 4) ticks/s) * (100 tick / 1 mark) = 25 / gameSpeed mark/s.

Example 1: At speed 10, it takes 25/10 = 2.5 seconds per mark.
Example 2: At speed 6, it takes 25/6 = 4.16 (6 repeating) seconds for 1 mark.
Example 3: At speed 5, it takes 25/5 = 5 seconds for 1 mark.
Example 4: At speed 1, it takes 25/1 = 25 seconds for 1 mark.

This is of course assuming no latency or jitter, which will inevitably happen, so the real speed may turn out to be silghtly slower. This is particularly true if a task switch occurs just before it's time to proceed to the next frame. The difference though should still be fairly negligible. The time difference is measured from when the last tick code started to run, so if it's a bit late running one time, it won't try to run sooner the next time to make up for it. It'll be run some fixed number of milliseconds after the current tick.

Offline Sirbomber

New Colony Game
« Reply #79 on: September 29, 2007, 05:12:15 AM »
I have an idea for a colony game. You control 1 unit and the AI never fights back. See how much damage you can do in X amount of time.
"As usual, colonist opinion is split between those who think the plague is a good idea, and those who are dying from it." - Outpost Evening Star

Offline Zardox Xheonov

New Colony Game
« Reply #80 on: October 08, 2007, 04:20:36 AM »
Map size: like arround 300x300.
No. of AI: 2
Objective: King of the Hill-post!!!!
How it works: ok its 3 differ teams, 2 edens and one plymouth(or)2plymouths and one eden(depends who you chose to be)...  There will be 4 Marked areas on the map...when a scout/light towwer is close enuff, it captures the hill-post.
To capture an enemy hill post, destroy all units that are near the hill, then use a scout to capture.(note) the scoute does not have to be on top oif it to capture.
Now there are no Alliances in this colony game. Every 30 secounds for every post you have in control you game 1 points.

Easy: Max 150points to win
Medium: Max 300 points to win
Hard: max 600points to win

Note: all 3 teams start with: Normal buildings from muilti player, 6 laser/microwave lynxs.. 2 scouts, 1 convec, 2 cargo trucks, and 2 gaurd posts(laser/microwave)

The Starship tech will be disabled for all teams and the vehical factory will be automaticly enabled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(thumbsup)  Oh and by the way, i think this will make a good new way of rules for matchs.... :op2:
« Last Edit: October 08, 2007, 04:22:04 AM by Lord Of Pain »
Hit me up on discord, if I am online, you know I'll be gaming.

(Lord Of Pain is no more, I am currently now "Zardox" and have been for awhile on other platforms.)

Offline Norsehound

New Colony Game
« Reply #81 on: October 12, 2007, 12:19:30 PM »
I'd like to see a colony game where the enemy colony doesn't  have an unfair advantage over you.

Playing Colony game Eden Starship Normal is interesting in that I can never leave my corner of the map while Plymouth has three bases and is constantly bombarding me with EMP missiles while they send streams of combat vehicles pouring in to destroy me.

It would be fun if I could fight back somehow *shrugs*
Food supply in Surplus. Power levels Optimal. Morale is Good.

Offline Zardox Xheonov

New Colony Game
« Reply #82 on: July 06, 2009, 03:27:58 PM »
Iv got an idea:

Make 3 teams of 2. On each team there will be a "boss" and a "supply AI"

A Supplying Out post will be set on each team controled by the "suppy AI"
Structures and vehicles for the supplying base: Common ore mine and smelter 1bar. Commandcenter. vehicle factory trade center(to give you the combat units they produce) tokomak with repair vehicle. Garage. Agradome.

Your base will not be Blue or Red, It will be Yellow.
You will be plymoth with an eden ally(divine united if you ask me). The eden ally will create lazer lynx and a plymoth ally will create microwave lynx.
The supply ally will not be able to exspand the base but will be right next to who they're allied with. Edn's ally will be purple.(or mag..w/e) plymoth's ally will be cyan. Your ally will be green.

I think the collony game should be Team Los..

2vs2vs2

I love this topic i cant wait for the colony game! woots ;) !

Eddy-B  FTW! WOOT :D
Hit me up on discord, if I am online, you know I'll be gaming.

(Lord Of Pain is no more, I am currently now "Zardox" and have been for awhile on other platforms.)

Offline Sirbomber

New Colony Game
« Reply #83 on: July 06, 2009, 04:30:00 PM »
Way to necro a 2-year old topic.

Offline Kayedon

New Colony Game
« Reply #84 on: July 06, 2009, 11:59:43 PM »
Maybe we should force the visible cut-off date to a month.
"Trust me, I'm crazy."