Author Topic: My account won't get activated...  (Read 1626 times)

The_Blight [As Guest]

My account won't get activated...
« on: December 07, 2004, 03:39:17 AM »
First Off : I can't log in, I have got the activation mail, but on the first link I get an PHP error, and on the second one it does not accept my User ID or Validation key, is there anything you guys can do about that ?

Hi all,

I think this site is great, I have these Outpost games for such a long time and still they don't lose their value in gameplay, I have had these games for years now, starting with the Demo of Outpost 1, which seemed uncomplete to me, as certain functions described in the manual or in the game itself were not present. So it ended up in the closet, later on, on a trip to the sea, I came by a game store, and I had bought this version of 'Sierra Originals: Outpost 1' , this version had some tweaks AFAIK, but still had some errors too.

Outpost 2 was a total new experience, the view, the difference in gameplay, the disasters, the storyline, etc... At the time I bought the game 'SIGS' was already dead, so I have never had the chance to compete with a human opponent.

And as far as the editing goes, I've modded Red Alert 2 and Yuri's Revenge, but that was all simple and straight-forward INI-editing.

I see OP2 is built in C++, which is great, as my programming classes next trimester will be all about C++, so I hope I learn to understand this programming language, so I can mod my game to my likings. Hey, I would love to play a game against 3 AI's, Free For All modus! And damn I'm still wondering if can I capture a ConVec containing a building that is not 'Plymouthean', and if I would be able to build it, as when you capture an 'Eden' ConVec with a structure you can build too, the Eden version will be replaced by the Plymouthean version, although it's an Eden ConVec...

I hope we'll have some fun here...

Offline The_Blight

« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2004, 03:47:51 AM »
NM, I figured it out...  

Offline Leviathan

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2004, 04:49:46 AM »
A big welcome to the forums
Well the single player of OP2 can only go so far and if u have enjoyed it thats great but u havent even started 2 enjoy OP2 to its fullist :) Multiplayer is whats its all about, the gameplay is unlimited and dam amazing!

Its great that ur learning C++, there r many who can help you 2 program for OP2 so that u can make and help out on great comunity project suchs as new missions.

Join us on IRC when online, its far easyer to talk there than here :)
xfir.net/irc.htm

Offline CK9

• Administrator
    • http://www.outpost2.net/~ck9
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2004, 08:33:05 AM »
will the list updating never cease? lol, I hope not...welcome to the forums.
CK9 in outpost
Iamck in runescape (yes, I still play...sometimes...)
srentiln in minecraft (I like legos, and I like computer games...it was only a matter of time...) and youtube...
xdarkinsidex on deviantart

yup, I have too many screen names

xfir

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2004, 01:06:39 PM »
Hi, welcome, glad you got it worked out.