Author Topic: Outpost 3: Reboot  (Read 46338 times)

Offline Drakmar

Outpost 3: Reboot
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2005, 08:48:18 PM »
Well, that would work too. I'd prefer the OPU page rather than my own. Could you write the game itself? I am designing it, but I have come to realise that I don't have the knowledges required to make it the way I want it. If you (or anyone) would like to help, I will email you the designs, specs, and anything useful to get the project started.

Offline Leviathan

« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2005, 04:10:38 PM »
Your gonna have to learn how 2 code the game yourself if u want a new game made.

alternativly and easyer u could use op2 and make ur own missions and mods to make ur own game. ur just have 2 learn 2 program for op2.

Offline Drakmar

« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2005, 07:32:02 PM »
Well, I'll work with the programming problem for a little while. I have one prospect at the moment. Sorry I'm late about the story, I'm falling behind. You should see it soon.

P.S. The addon to OP2 won't work. I'll need new units for New Haven, and the Blight Dominion colonies. Unless you know of a way to import new stuff into OP2...
« Last Edit: January 30, 2005, 07:35:23 PM by Drakmar »

Offline PlayingOutpost0-24

• http://op3np.xfir.net
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2005, 11:57:56 AM »
My ISP isn't stable enough for IRC. I could try the WebIRC later though. I think that I will just use Game Maker 5.2 to create Outpost 3: Reboot. I will need some volenteers to help me with the game. I have realised that I can't do the graphics that I will need for the game, so I will need someone to do that. I also need sounds, the Savant voices, and music. I will do the game itself, the AVI's (for the most part), and the novella. So, anyone interested?

Edit: I will have a web page up soon.
actually... use GM6, i can give you a working S/N and etc... i am very good at GM so i can help you too, but i have my own project 2 do... if you need some help at GML, PM me... oh and i can also get some of the op2 units and buildings...

P.S. I volunteer but not for too much bcos i have my project to do, and im rarely using the computer.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2005, 11:59:45 AM by PlayingOutpost0-24 »
Great news for OP2 fans... OP3 in progress.
Official Site
Outpost 3: A New Power progress
OP3:NP Discussion

Progress in OP3:NP[/size][/font]
PLANNING[|||||||||-]
GRAPHICS [||||------]
SOUNDS [|---------]
MAP DESIGNING [|||||-----]
CODING [----------]
Going slowly... Very slow.

Offline Drakmar

« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2005, 08:29:08 PM »
Okay, I'll download it shortly. The next chapter will be ready soon. I've been busy with preplanning, among other things.

Offline Drakmar

« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2005, 10:18:12 PM »
Update:
I am working on graphics for Outpost 3: Reboot. I am experiencing Writer's cramp. I will continue to work on the story though.

Offline PlayingOutpost0-24

• http://op3np.xfir.net
« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2005, 07:18:46 AM »
I'll PM you the S/N soon
Great news for OP2 fans... OP3 in progress.
Official Site
Outpost 3: A New Power progress
OP3:NP Discussion

Progress in OP3:NP[/size][/font]
PLANNING[|||||||||-]
GRAPHICS [||||------]
SOUNDS [|---------]
MAP DESIGNING [|||||-----]
CODING [----------]
Going slowly... Very slow.

Offline Drakmar

« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2005, 08:53:37 PM »
I'm back! I haven't had much time to work on OP3 lately, but I'm getting back to work. I will be creating OP3 as a Starcraft: Brood War Total Conversion, at first. If I am able to make it using Starcraft, then I will work on a stand-alone version. If anyone would like to help, please say so!

Offline Leviathan

« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2005, 04:42:35 AM »
Ive tested/looked at a few Starcraft total conversions, star trek ones etc. There good, but basicly its still Starcraft with different gfx.

Good luck tho... but your probly own your own.

Realy I think we need to pull together and work together on projects which many people can do and realy are worth it. Im not saying you wont or cant do a good job but something like Total Annihilation creation/moding would be more worth while.

Offline Drakmar

« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2005, 09:01:21 PM »
I agree. Total Annihilation style would be better. Maybe I should just write the novella instead of creating the game. It IS difficult.

Offline lordly_dragon

« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2005, 09:21:03 PM »
we could all put our effort together and do something that will have a end because alone it will take a lifetime. making a real devlopment team not just everyone on their own

what do you think about my idea?

Running, scrambling, flying
Rolling, turning, diving, going in again
Run, live to fly, fly to live, do or die
Run, live to fly, fly to live. Aces high.

Offline zigzagjoe

« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2005, 09:41:56 PM »
right on lordly_dragon. We will never get any OP3 out w/ seperated effort. It appears that all op3s to date have never been anywhere close to finished/stopped/never started. We need a combinded effort in order to get anything out.

Offline TH300

• http://op3game.net
« Reply #37 on: June 25, 2005, 08:45:39 AM »
I agree.
And I offer my help. I could do some programming although not too much, since I don't have much time. But if some minor thing needs to be done, I'm your man.

Offline Drakmar

« Reply #38 on: July 02, 2005, 09:19:32 PM »
OP3: Reboot Game status: Canceled.
OP3: Reboot Novella: Continuing.

I have decided to help out with one of the other OP3's out there. I am a decent GFX creator using 3D Studio Max. Is there any particular version of OP3 that my services would be of any use?

Offline Leviathan

« Reply #39 on: July 03, 2005, 08:47:19 AM »
I think you could probly help in making some models to share with eveyone for whatevea, like movies in the future. Maybe eventualy you can make own little movies? Like for OPMIA or even Renegades as your probly gonna be doing op2 models.

Offline Skydock Command

« Reply #40 on: November 11, 2006, 08:10:00 AM »
Drakmar, will there ever be another chapter? Im asumming no, but im still wondering.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2006, 08:10:29 AM by Skydock Command »
Savant Computer: Communications link established.
Skydock: This is Skydock Command. We have received your message.

Offline Drakmar

« Reply #41 on: December 17, 2006, 05:42:01 AM »
I haven't worked on OP3: Reboot in quite some time. But I think I will get back to work on it. I'll have to find my notes and everything, but look forward to a new chapter or two here soon. I can't believe I forgot about this... but then, I've had some issues come up in the past years or so. But yes, I'm getting back to work :).

Offline Leviathan

« Reply #42 on: December 17, 2006, 05:43:48 AM »
Great to hear :)

Thanks for your work.

Offline Drakmar

« Reply #43 on: December 17, 2006, 05:57:35 AM »
No problem. I need a distraction. :P I have decided to scrap what little I had and start off fresh. Especially since my writing skills have improved since last time. I will keep everyone updated. :)