Author Topic: George <--> Kerry  (Read 10074 times)

Offline Sammyk

George <--> Kerry
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2004, 10:23:06 AM »
GO BUSH!!!!

Offline Oprime

• http://Moogleforest.net
George <--> Kerry
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2004, 10:39:33 AM »
Like I said he only does this to get votes for now. If you had noticed (most likely didn't) the military is Ultra low on resources. Ask any local recruiter if the best thing to happen to help save Iraq is a deft when considering how low they are on man power.
CPU: AMD Phenom II 940BE
RAM: Patriot Viper 4GB (2GB x2) DDR2 1066Mhz
Motherboard: MSI K9A2 Platinum
Case: Thermaltake Armor Plus+
Power Supply: Themermatake ToughPower 1200Watt PSU
Hard Drive: Fujitsu 15k SAS SCSI 74GB/148GB Raid 0 @ 189MBps
Moniter: LG Flatron 20.1in Widescreen LCD 8ms 1400:1 Contrast ratio w/ F engine
GFX Card: 4 ATI Radeon 4870 1GB GDDR5 CrossFireX
DVD Burners: 2x SONY DVD-RW
Speakers[/b] Logitech Z-5500 505Watt 5.1 Surround
CPU Heatsink[/b]ZeroTerm NV120
OS[/b]Windows Vista Home Premium x64
:P I'm a Hardware freak ><

Offline Zircon

George <--> Kerry
« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2004, 12:24:11 PM »
Seems Bush won, i guess that's the end or continued sanctions of stemcell research and the potential cures for Alzheimer and Parkinson.
Not to mention delay a stem cell therapy program in order to cure type 1 and some type 2 diabetes by atleast a decade...

Now Bush will be able to exchange parts of the congress with those of his own choosing during the next 4 years.

The results will be interesting...
« Last Edit: November 04, 2004, 12:29:04 PM by Zircon »

Offline gpgarrettboast

• Administrator
George <--> Kerry
« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2004, 12:34:10 PM »
Stem Cell research won't guarentee the curing of those diseases.  So why should we still extract the stemcells from aborted babies??  There are preexisting embryos, which I agree should be used.  There is also Private research in progress.  Government laws will not stop this, which is good. :)  

Offline Zircon

George <--> Kerry
« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2004, 02:44:00 PM »
The prognosis of the first tests are so good that it is rather, "What if it unexpectedly doesn't cure the diseases?" instead of "Will it cure the diseases?"

Most of the already existing lines of stem cells are both flawed old and contaminated with other genetic material making them rather useless. That's why new material is needed.

And while there is private research, it's rather slow because one cannot make money out of it yet. (And the driving force behind a company is, you guessed it. Money) That's why government funding is so important.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2004, 02:44:50 PM by Zircon »

Offline Leviathan

George <--> Kerry
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2004, 03:27:29 PM »
bleh bleh

Offline Betaray

• Administrator
George <--> Kerry
« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2004, 07:44:59 PM »
well, as the elections are over, I do not see any more reason for debate

for better or worse, Bush won, and Kerry will likely become no more than a footnote in history

for that reason, I close this topic, and also to try to heal the division it has caused (yes, Kerry was right about that, we need to put the division behind us and unite behind the president)
I am the nincompoop, I eat atomic bombs for breakfest, fusion bombs for lunch, and anti-matter bombs for dinner

I just hope they don't explode