Author Topic: Marketting is Hell  (Read 1597 times)

Offline leeor_net

• Administrator
  • OPHD Lead Developer
    • LairWorks Entertainment
Marketting is Hell
« on: September 25, 2004, 01:51:02 AM »
You know, ever since I started the neptuneTECH buisness and line of computers, I've learned a lot about product and services marketting and how much it really just plain sucks.

I've been working my ass off for the last 5 months with little income. Only recently since I've opened up a store on eBay (which they've inconveniently suspended twice by accident) have I gotten any sort of inquiries to any of the things that I sell and most of it is OEM software that's usually hundreds cheaper than retail packages.

Anyway, my point is, if you're going to market something, make sure you have a lot of money to start with and you really know what you're doing. Marketting is truely hell.

:op2: Leeor...

Offline leeor_net

• Administrator
  • OPHD Lead Developer
Marketting is Hell
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2004, 01:52:41 AM »
BTW, for those of you who may be wondering:

neptuneTECH is a small personalized computer manufacturer that specializes in high-performance gaming and low-cost graphic workstations (servers will be included soon enough).

No, this is not an ad. Just an info post.

Offline gpgarrettboast

• Administrator
Marketting is Hell
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2004, 08:21:13 PM »
I'm gonna have trouble marketing OP3.  mayb shareware??? oh well. Thnx for the info.  Maybe we can start our own Marketing and Publishing service?? lol.

Offline leeor_net

• Administrator
  • OPHD Lead Developer
Marketting is Hell
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2004, 10:57:13 AM »
Well, I guess it all depends on how you want to market OP3. If it's to be commercial, you'd better get talkin' to SIERRA about royalty/liscence fees ('cuase they're gonna slam you if you don't).

Ah well... I like the idea of working together. I used to be a loner but I learned that it just doesn't work very well.