Author Topic: Iraq War Thread Continued  (Read 26661 times)

Offline new-er-bie

Iraq War Thread Continued
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2003, 03:57:38 PM »
Ooooooooooooohhhhhhhh, all this time I thought the US was based on individual freedom, silly me!                    

Offline OP2Patriot

« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2003, 05:35:51 PM »
I should have said they were the original two roles for the government. My mistake. This war is the continuation of the War of Terrorism, and there was anti-American terrorists based in Iraq.

---philipu2001                    

The Forbidden Outpost 2 Forum ... they don't want you to know about it.
Yell if the above link disappears.

Offline new-er-bie

« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2003, 11:12:58 PM »
Okay, but who was really anti american in iraq? It was more like america's anti-iraq.                    

Offline OP2Patriot

« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2003, 12:33:03 PM »
Al-Queda was in Iraq. Some other ones, they were Syrian and Iranian terrorists. The evil regime of Iraq is no more, so America can't be anti-Iraq!

---philipu2001                    

Offline new-er-bie

« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2003, 01:55:55 PM »
Well america helped iraq and then just turned on it. They were like bend over buddies and then america went all anti iraq.                    

Offline OP2Patriot

« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2003, 04:56:30 PM »
We were never really buddies with Iraq. The enemy of your enemy is your friend. That policy was the policy we used so that we could send Saddam weapons to fight Iran. But like Afghanistan, Iraq turned. They invaded Kuwait. Then we led a coalition to stop Saddam from invading other countries. We did not go all the way to Bahdad, due to world opinion.

The war the US just fought with Iraq could be seen as a continuation of the Gulf War. We only did half a job, and left. We did not remove the regime. It is also a continuation of the War on Terrorism. After 9/11, the US cannot leave those alone that aim to hurt America, but must confront the regimes that support terrorism and the terrorists themselves.

---philipu2001                    

Offline new-er-bie

« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2003, 06:14:36 PM »
First off the US used the iraq. They influenced iraq to attack iran. The US gave it weapons, yeah chemical weapons to use against iran. And when they used'em the US didn't even speak out against it. Yeah your gonna look bad cause you supplied the weapons but at least condemn their damn use. You don't see what I see man, when the chemical weapons are used in the US's favor then it's okay, when it's a potential threat ot the US it's evil. What are american lives worth more than irani lives? I'm asking the wrong guy.  ;)

And the US was never there to stop saddam from invading other countries. Sorry I have to show the US in a bad light, and tell the truth. The US only got involved becuase of kuwaits oil, if iraq controlled it then they would control to much.

And what's this about terror? War on terror? Well terrorists create terror, terror = fear. And the war on iraq, made baghdad a free for all city. Thugs, robbers, criminals all loose. The US war on iraq, made terror in baghdad, so is the US a terrorist? Yeah it is, but I'll wait for a clever response. It's worth mentioning though, from me, that the US does help the civilians with aid and stuff. But they make curfews and won't allow civilians to leave the city. They won't allow civilians to leave a city without water, electricity and full of thugs and criminals.

Offline OP2Patriot

« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2003, 06:51:46 PM »
They were only enemies to America at the time. I did not say I approved of the policy. If I were president at that time, I would not have given any weapons to Iraq. Actually, we are supposed to hate the minority in control of Iran, not the majority. I got good news. Syria is willing to talk now. Now if they turn over some of them WMDs, we'd be a bit better off. So new-er-bie, you think that the war just fought was for oil?

What happened in Baghdad was only temporary. With no system of currency, Baghdad went into a barter economy, thus they looted so that they would have something to barter with. It's not like it has not happened here. You have to look at the long term, and things will get a lot better.

---philipu2001                    

Offline new-er-bie

« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2003, 08:02:15 PM »
Yeah but you don't see the things from all the points of view. You have to admit that the US sucked in baghdad, they can't control the city. The first gulf war was for oil, so the kuwaiti's could have control of it back. You wanna argue about that?

Besides....how do you know baghdad went into a barter system, where you there?                    

Offline OP2Patriot

« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2003, 08:12:32 PM »
I should ask where were you? Whatever currency that was issued by the Iraqi government became useless, so how were they supposed to put bread on the table? What was the US supposed to do, they had just defeated the regime, would you have expected them to start printing a currency or fly one in? They have been flying in US Dollars for a few days or so.

---philipu2001                    

Offline new-er-bie

« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2003, 08:25:42 PM »
Oh yeah I guess it makes sense. And no I didn't expect the army to print money for them, but I did expect them to continue electricity and clean water flow into the city and give'em aid in food and stuff.

You know what we should do, we should have a huge chat with all the people that wanna be in the debate and then post the stuff here? Stupid idea? Cause then you don't have years to figure out clever responses! Not saying that you do, but it would be easier.                    

Offline OP2Patriot

« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2003, 08:47:24 PM »
I do have a secret chatroom made for my novellas website, although you can't get to it through the novellas page. It is http://www.freewebz.com/philipu2001/chat.htm We could arrange a time. Some of those Iraqis didn't get clean water and electricity in the first place.

---philipu2001                    

Offline new-er-bie

« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2003, 11:38:06 PM »
That chat room sucks you have to download stuff.

It dosen't matter if they didn't have water in the first place or not, once the US took over baghdad they have to provide that stuff for the pop. Your supposed to protect the pop. and give them stuff like that, I think, according to UN resolutions but not sure which ones. Oh yeah, the US is too good for the UN.  ;)                    

Offline OP2Patriot

« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2003, 12:08:02 PM »
Oh, new-er-bie, read these:
http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/opinion/1185...7_safire22.html
http://www.middle-east-online.com/english/?id=5241
http://washingtontimes.com/op-ed/20030422-14988126.htm

Ah, follow the money, and you will see why France, Russia, and the UN were against the US in the Iraq War of 2003. It's a scandel folks! There was more to that food for oil program than we knew.

---philipu2001                    

Offline new-er-bie

« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2003, 07:11:32 PM »
Whats your point?

Did you reply to my post? Cause I don't get it, or are you just changing the subject?                    

Offline OP2Patriot

« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2003, 07:13:15 PM »
The only thing to say is that there are some things that can't be accomplished in less than 72 hours, and in the long term, there will be water and electricity.

---philipu2001                    

Offline new-er-bie

« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2003, 07:40:15 PM »
Maybe they can't get electricity and water in 72 hours, but they could at least keep the city from becoming lawless. I mean they could like put martial law there, they have the army men.                    

Offline OP2Patriot

« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2003, 09:26:27 PM »
Maybe they were playing liberator. They did quickly establish a volunteer Iraqi police. I guess they were a bit busy with getting Bathe party officials. I probably don't know as much as I like about day-after invasion government as I would like.

---philipu2001                    

Offline new-er-bie

« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2003, 10:12:00 AM »
Man just admit that they're plan wasn't perfect, and that they screwed up in the city!!!                    

Offline OP2Patriot

« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2003, 04:55:06 PM »
I didn't say that they were perfect. Saddam already had the city screwed, so it was a barrel of dynamite about to go off.

---philipu2001                    

Offline new-er-bie

« Reply #45 on: April 23, 2003, 07:06:28 PM »
How did he have the city screwed? I don't think thats fair to say. The bombs screwed up the city. They dropped like more bombs in the first day or 2 days in the war than they did in the entire gulf war 1. Tell me again saddam screwed the city.                    

Offline OP2Patriot

« Reply #46 on: April 23, 2003, 07:12:18 PM »
Let's just say he was bit of a resource hog and a lot of the wealth in the city tilted towards him. Fair to say? The world isn't fair. I'm not saying the army couldn't have done a better job with ruling Baghdad, but what happened there really shouldn't be too shocking. We've had looting in America here too, usually after big championship games.

---philipu2001                    

Offline new-er-bie

« Reply #47 on: April 23, 2003, 08:38:22 PM »
Yeah he did keep an unfair share, but he was the evil dictator right? Anyway, the santions that the US imposed through the UN after the first gulf war wasted iraq, lets argue about that.                    

Offline OP2Patriot

« Reply #48 on: April 23, 2003, 08:58:53 PM »
Gee, you didn't read those articles. What wasted Iraq was the Food for Oil program. It was supposed to give food to the poor people of Iraq, instead all the funds and food were given to Saddam and his Bathe Party. So Saddam was happy to give the French and Germans oil, he got stuff. The UN got at least 1 billion off the "commission" on the oil, and the French and Germans are rolling in dough. Let's talk about that. Why do you think the French and Germans don't want the sanctions lifted now?

---philipu2001                    

Offline new-er-bie

« Reply #49 on: April 23, 2003, 10:58:55 PM »
Hey man they were just doing 'business', just kidding don't take that seriously.

Before the first gulf war iraq had the best education system in the region and 1 of the best healthcare systems. Only people that were loyal to saddam got stuff, he did make sure that baghdad was well off. Under sadams tyranny at least he could control baghdad, there wasn't all this looting bull. But still I can't say that cause he did do too much bad stuff, and as for the french and germans they're just opportunists, like the US. You said it yourself the world isn't fair, get used to it.