Author Topic: My Cable Problems  (Read 1916 times)

Offline EmperorKosh

My Cable Problems
« on: July 28, 2004, 10:17:56 PM »
Yeah hell I haven't been able to play Outpost 2 online in months because my cable kinda messes it up or something. But hell at least with my new computer I'm able to play all my other games like SC, FL, and AA.  B)

I heard somebody was working on a program to fix these cable issues? Whatever happened to that?

My dad won't gimme the information that I need to go into the router's webpage or whatnot to see if I'm able to enable DMZ or whatever else it was... so that little program you guys were working on would be really useful to me...
Live free or die...[/b][/i]

Offline Leviathan

My Cable Problems
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2004, 10:20:42 PM »
Get to ur routers settings.
Get ur dad to do it or wutevea.

Offline BlackBox

• Administrator
My Cable Problems
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2004, 07:39:36 AM »
Hmm... do the setup yourself. (heh)

for your router settings try going to this in your browser:
http://192.168.1.1/
if that doesn't work go start>run, type cmd press enter. then in the dos box that comes up type ipconfig press enter.
if there are multiple sections, read the one that has your ethernet card stuff (usually the sections name has your ethernet card's name in it)

Find the line named "default gateway" next to that there will be an IP address for your router (should start with 192. or 10.). Write it down and exit.
go to browser again and type http:// followed by the IP address, so if the address was 10.0.0.2 then it'd be http://10.0.0.2/

You should get a login prompt. Chances are the username / password isn't changed, if you don't know what the defaults should be, either find the router manual (if you have a printed one), or go on the company's site, and find your router manuals online.

If you can't get in with the default pass, you need to reset the router (and lose all the settings it may have had).

Find the reset button/pinhole on the router, usually on the front or back.
If its a pinhole bend a paperclip out and stick it in there until it stops.
If its a button type, hold the button down for at least 10 seconds.
The lights on the router will probably flash or something when the reset completes.

Now go in the router program again, enter the password. Once you're in find the port forwarding options. (on some routers they are in an "advanced" menu, be sure to look there)

The settings should be like this:
Program name/application name = Outpost2
Starting port = 47776
Ending port = 47807
Type = UDP (there may just be checkboxes for tcp/udp, just click UDP)
Host machine / ip = use the IP address that op2 provides (this is your network IP, this is so the router knows where to send stuff)
enabled = Yes

Save the settings, exit the router program.

Test OP2. If it works fine, you're done. If it doesn't, try turning the router off and on and try again. (don't reset the router!)

If it doesn't, you need to go back to the router settings again and try DMZ (this is a little more dangerous, cuz it opens all ports for your computer, but it *should* work.)
First of all delete the port forwarding settings (in most routers they interfere with DMZ) that you just made.
Now find the page with DMZ (the manual may tell you this) again it's probably on a "setup" or "advanced" section.

Enable DMZ with the checkbox they give, and enter your network IP (the one OP2 reports) in the box. save the setting and close.

If the router has a "DMZ" light on the front, it should light up now.

Now OP2 should work fine, if you still can't get it to work, try turning the router off and on (not reset).
If it still wont work either something is wrong with the router or maybe your ISP is blocking incoming udp traffic (this shouldn't be the case however.)

Offline EmperorKosh

My Cable Problems
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2004, 01:23:33 AM »
Yeah I took the papers with all of the info about our router and crap on it to my room. I also talked to my dad and he said that he'd help me enable the DMZ thingy. I'm also going to try to make my router keep the Outpost 2 ports open.
Live free or die...[/b][/i]