Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Graphics Update / Re: Power Structures
« Last post by White Claw on June 07, 2018, 10:11:43 PM »
Sure, I can work up a solar array. Are you thinking photo-voltaic or a solar collector type thing? I think the former would be more readily recognizable.
General Interest / Re: OPU Stability
« Last post by leeor_net on June 07, 2018, 06:59:53 AM »
Odd. I'm still not experiencing any of these issues (and the emoticons thing has completely cleared up).
General Interest / Re: OPU Stability
« Last post by Hooman on June 07, 2018, 02:24:50 AM »
Hmm, I just noticed this while checking the Wiki:
wiki.outpost2.netís server IP address could not be found.

Seems the site allows either http or https. Links appear to default to whatever protocol you are already using. I suppose update your bookmark if you want to use https.
I was working on a Dockerfile to standardize the process for Ubuntu 16.04. I haven't gotten it done quite yet, though it does include SDL2 source archives info:

Code: [Select]
ARG sdlVersion=2.0.5
ARG sdlImageVersion=2.0.3
ARG sdlMixerVersion=2.0.2
ARG sdlTtfVersion=2.0.14

# ...

RUN curl$(sdlVersion).tar.gz | \
  tar -xjC /sdl-src && \
  make -C /sdl-src

RUN curl$(sdlImageVersion).tar.gz | \
  tar -xjC /sdl-src && \
  make -C /sdl-src

RUN curl$(sdlMixerVersion).tar.gz | \
  tar -xjC /sdl-src && \
  make -C /sdl-src

RUN curl$(sdlTtfVersion).tar.gz | \
  tar -xjC /sdl-src && \
  make -C /sdl-src
I've found myself a little daunted trying to figure out where to find sources for those. It occurs to me I could Google that, but if you know something likely, it'd probably save me a little stress and hair-pulling.
Outpost 2 Multiplayer / Re: COOP maps
« Last post by jlacasey05 on June 06, 2018, 08:30:23 PM »
well on the 6 player map before you have half of your convecs loaded the blight is already in your base so its 2 fast
General Interest / Re: OPU Stability
« Last post by lordpalandus on June 06, 2018, 08:25:48 PM »
The only site I've had issues with is this one, and only after the site update.

Usually I cannot even visit the site in the morning/afternoon, and it only allows me to visit it at night (8pm my time+).

Other details:

1. I notice that the http is not a https. I can't remember if it was https before the update or not.

2. I'm running internet explorer.

Outpost 1 & Outpost General / Re: Reviews/Talk of Outpost Elsewhere Online
« Last post by leeor_net on June 06, 2018, 06:43:52 PM »
Sol 0 is a great game. Got it for a few bucks about a year ago. I still pick it up now and then but it feels unsophisticated in a lot of ways. Perhaps because it's the developers first major project?

Still though, it's a lot of fun to play.
General Interest / Re: OPU Stability
« Last post by leeor_net on June 06, 2018, 06:42:05 PM »
I'm not experiencing these issues either.

I would suggest trying a flush of your local DNS cache just to rule that out as a possibility. To do so, click on the Start button, type in cmd, right click on the command terminal shortcut and click Run As Administrator. Click on Allow then when the terminal window opens enter ipconfig /flushdns and press enter. This will flush your DNS cache.

It's not an end-all-be-all solution but it does sometimes fix issues like this.

That stated, it could be a DNS issue with your ISP or with the server not having fully propagated across the 'net though usually that sort of things happens within 48 hours...
General Interest / Re: OPU Stability
« Last post by White Claw on June 06, 2018, 06:36:58 PM »
As a data point, I haven't had any problems accessing the site...up to this point, anyway. We'll see if I just jinxed myself.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]